MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the GT4 back on the road. I am running 15psi on 91 octane. The car is much more fun to driveon the street, spools up faster and much more responive. I data loged a few pass and compared it to the saved ones from the RMR. Boost comes on about 550 rpm sooner. THis confirms what I thought. For those interested in a street car or autocross I would reccommend a standalone first. The top end is better with the RMR but the torque I got back with the higher velocity stock mani was like wow. Close to the same kick from 22psi on the RMR. I assume that as I approach 22 psi I will see some flaws in the stocker. I plan on running a Chrissk long runner high velocity mani in the future. This is only my opionion and will be hitting the AWD dyno in bout a month to confirm some things. There are probably no one else who has gone from RMR back to stock but any thoughts?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other changes except a ATS 20g uprgrade ext wastegate. I was having problems holding controlling boost above 18psi. When I hit the RMR first I was a bit nieve and into the dyno queen stuff. IT made 38 hp and lost 30 ft/lbs it screemed up top. I don't think I have the supporting mods (big turbo) to take advantage of the RMR and I now thin it is a drag race or fast road race application.
Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts