MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since i crashed my two i've replaced everything and got it running after it ran outa water. Now i have a white foam in my water supply, any idea what this would indicate? also i forgot to put two bolts in the hood catch and the bonnet blew open and smashed my windscreen :(

anyway does the MK2 shifter fit the Aw11? or does anyone know what auto shifter will fit teh aw11 thats a bit more attractive? also how hard would it be to custom make my own auto stick?

cheers

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure thing;

1) What does frothy white foam indicate in my water supply?

2) Will any other auto shifter fit in my AW11?

3) How hard would it be to make a custom auto shifter knob?

cheers

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
1) Blown head gasket.

2) No.

3) Depends on how handy you are with machining equipment and what access you have to it. For most of us, the simple answer is "very difficult".

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
It's possible - I was going down the logical path based on the "ran it out of water" statement. I'll still bet on the HG.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
I have a question that is related to the BHG...

When I did my engine swap and I was bleeding the coolant, I too got lots of froth in the filler neck, but figured there must have been lots of air since the engine sat dry for 9+ months. Yesterday I replaced the spent thermostat and while bleeding the coolant, I experienced the same thing.

I don't notice a sweet exhaust smell...
No Mocha Frapp? oil...
The coolant felt a little slick but I figured it was the glycol based coolant...
Spark plugs look normal, not "Steam Cleaned"...
But lots of foam from the filler neck.

Should I be concerned or am I just paranoid?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts