MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello SoCaler's

I need a tester for our new Top Feed Fuel Rail for a 3S-GTE Gen II. It will work with your stock supply and return lines and FPR or your aftermarket FPR. I am offering the following:

Free WolfKatz Gen II Top Feed Fuel Rail Kit
New Siemens Injectors at a very good Discount
Injector Clips and my help installing it

In exchange for letting me take some pictures and promising to be patient with me and report back any problems. You also should be driving your car quite a bit because I want to get a few heat cycles on the prototype quickly so I know if there are any issues.

I prefer a car with some sort of tuning device, standalone ECU would be best.
The new injectors are available in the flowing flow rates:

55 lb/hr
73 lb/hr
83 lb/hr
96 lb/hr

If your car is a monster, we can run the Siemens 160lb/hr as well.

Here is teasor pic. The rail still needs its engraving ...

or

Email: [email protected] if you are interested.

Cheers,

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
if only I had a MKII. ;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you ever do testing on a mk1 rail I call dibs here :) I have a standalone, too.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
haha jakub i called dibs on that a long time ago. ;)

I know of one guy with a standalone that drives his everyday. I will see if he would be interested Garrett.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike,

The thing is that it will be hard to find a top feed injector to work properly with the stock ECU. Every injector is a bit different and so the stock tuning would likely be off....

Someone must be interested in free parts :)

G

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Just wondering why you are working on a top feed rail.

P.S. I recently bought your rail from mr2Onza and some adapters from you.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got into this primarily becuase my UK distributor wants the product bad.

Both are very valid solutions to the problem. The Top Feed Fuel Rails will be just another method to the maddness. My goal is to be the MR2 Clubs only required source for fuel system choices in the long run. I am going to continue to make the Side Feed Rails indefinietly as they are much more "stock ECU friendly" as they are compatible with the cold start injector. Also, there are a lot of used 550 and 850 side feed injectors out there allowing folks to build up in stages and quite cheaply with the side feed setup.

That having been said, the Top Feed systems will be just another choice that will be available to my customers. They involve a bit more "monkey buisness" with the head adapters that go around the injectors, but should be a solid choice at a similar price to the Side Feed systems I already offer. Also, the largest side feed injector available is an 850 cc/min. There are larger top feeders out there for those with insane power goals. I just hate having to turn folks away who want to make 700 whp or something :) (which has happened more than I think many people realize)! The Top Feeders will not be compatible with the Cold Start and thus won't be a good choice for folks running a black box tuning device. They will be compatible with both the stock supply and FPR, but will also include AN-8 fittings in case you want to go nuts later on and build up custom supply lines and return lines.

Does that explain everything? If not, ask more questions. For example, my car is side feed, and I think it will stay this way for a long time. But I have already invested in a few differnt sets of side feed injectors for myself. Others may choose to just jump straight to the top feed system . . .I want them to have the choice ;)

Cheers,
G

bubblebutt said:
Just wondering why you are working on a top feed rail.

P.S. I recently bought your rail from mr2Onza and some adapters from you.

·
Registered
737 Posts
darn if my car had ems. how long would you need to install it on the car? i drive from la to sb almost every weekend haha

·
Registered
211 Posts
Heres the info on my car:

My car was just built at blast racing, a jdm gen II and currently has 776 miles on it. The build included a blueprinted and machined block and head done at bensons, CP pistons & rings 9:1, HKS Metal Head Gasket, HKS 264 degree intake and exhaust cams, HKS Adjustable Cam Sprockets, HKS Valve Springs, ARP Head Studs, OEM engine rebuild gasket kit, OEM main bearings, OEM rod bearings, OEM thrust washer, OEM oil pump, OEM waterpump, OEM timing belt.

Aside from that the car has all the normal bolt-ons (intk, exh, dp, intrclr, etc.) And also has an AFM-less setup with a HKS F-Con V-Pro tuned for the current setup. If this is something you could use let me know via email @ [email protected] or my cell @ 949-244-7217. Thanks.

Andrew Dryden

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hm, well mine is not as extravagant as murdercitydevil *nice setup by the way*, but pretty much my setup is as follows:

Jdm Gen2 w/ecu
Basic Bolt ons : Intake, Tko Dp, Tko Exhaust, Hks BOV
Gonna be installed: S-AFC II

If this setup is of interest my email is [email protected]. Thanks for you time and your continual research and developement for the mr2 community.

Isaac

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andrew,
I will send you and email. Isaac, if this doesn't work out, I will be in touch. I would need you to get that AFC working very soon however...

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
82 Posts
Garrett,

Let me know if this is still up for grabs. My 2 is going into the shop on Sat. Feb 5th to get a 2nd gen installed along with a Greddy TD06 and Greddy Intercooler installed. Sorry no standalone, but SAFC is getting installed at this time.

BTW - I just moved from Pasadena to Rancho to be closer to work. Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

[email protected]

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dang, I have the perfect car w/ a link+ ems. Problem is I live in Texas. Wanna send the setup to ATS and let those guys tune it??? If so, talk to Aaron and he'll know which car is mine ;).

·
Registered
583 Posts
That would be funny if I hadn't already had an MR2 burn to the ground....On April fools of all days!

·
Registered
380 Posts
91T Stock 3S Stock Ecu

Greddy TD06 W/ Downpipe
Apex'i GT Spex Exhaust
Apex'i Power Intake
NGK 6097

if you need a car that is a stock setup that is up to the point that needs fuel and fuel management ( where most cars at this point would be and looking for pumps and injectors ) then email me at [email protected], thanks

PS. I could also have a AFC installed by then.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I already have all the test mules I need! The product release will be Monday and the existing systems are working quite well! Watch for our spring sale!

Thanks again for all the offers to help,
Cheers,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts