MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Texas owners, I have a MK1 available. the body is in reasonable shape except for the front drivers fender which rubs on the door a bit. I replaced the motor a few years back and had a starting problem. I tried to track it down and then I lost interest. That means this car has a new water pump, new timing belt, new gasket's, new antifreeze, new clutch. It was then allowed to sit for a few years. This car definitely need a lot of work and it is probably best used as a race car or a parts car. But the price of the car is nothing. that's right free. All I ask from you is that you take all of the junk parts with you. That includes the previous engine which worked fine but started to smoke. Of course you are responsible for your own towing.
Please hurry, I do not want to be tempted to fix this car. Between the Miata and my Crx, I just don't have time or money for one more car!

So? Anyone interested?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am located in Missouri City texas, It is a suburb of Houston.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thoretically it could run, but you would have to track down the ignition problem, also there is some rust in the rear trunk. I should mention again. This car is probably best used as a parts car or maybe a stripped SCCA racer.
Also I think having an extra engine engine to work on would be cool. The extra engine ran and started but started to smoke. So I replaced it. It needs a rebuild.

I mean c'mon there is a reason why it's free! ;)

I will try to post photo's ASAP.

Another thing...Please. serious replies only. I really need to get rid of this thing. I love it too much to junk it. I would really like to see it live another life or parted out to keep another MK1 on the road. It has been one of my favorite cars ever!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops' i forgot to mention...It's an 85. I do have the title.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ill take it

i live in houston.
i need this car.
do you still have it
if so when can i get it
i have a 89 mr2 that i could use to fix one or the other.
let me know asap
mage2atbleedingwounddotcom

thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mage2 and stanpho. I have sent an email to the addresses that you gave me. let me know if you didn't receive them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if it is still available I am very interested and could be able to come and pick it up this coming weekend if it all pans out

·
Registered
17 Posts
if jdes wants to take the extra engine, I may be able to pick it up as early as Wed or Fri, if you could send pics to [email protected] or any other information I would need to know, just let me know asap so I can plan around work and class

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks Everybody! I have a few people who are interested in the car. If it doesn't work out I will let you know what's up.

Thanks for the interest! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
so is it still up or not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts