MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone ordered this through our sales and leasing office. I tried to get them to let me drive it but ooooh no. Of course being all greasy didnt help I suppose. Seeeexy. It was funny stuff watching one of the sales managers getting into it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Though I'm a traditionalist and would only take one in Lotus Racing Green, I have to admit, yellow looks really nice.

Though who else thinks the windshield surround would look better body coloured? (<- exotic UK spelling)

Fear not $ short Elise fans, in a few years we'll be replacing our MR2s with used copies of these beauties. The good thing is, most folks will only use 'em on weekends so we should have a fine pick of barely used examples.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A few of us old time or former MR2 owners aren't waiting. ;) . From what i've heard about Symbolic, doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Who the hell uses the 1/4 mile for bragging rights when talking about the Elise...

:banghead:

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
Some corrections... it weighs about 1975 pounds in that trim option. My car weighs about 1930 (Sport). The car has 190hp. The sport car can do low 13s in the 1/4mile. 0-60 is 4.4 seconds. Skid pad is 1.06gs. Braking is 60-0 in 104 feet.

P.S. Saffron Yellow does look great!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Randy is the Mustard Yellow still offered or was that only something for the english market with the first generation? It's my favourite colour not just for the Elise but in general

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Ohh so that's the Saffron, what's that other yellow in the pics up top?

I like the saffron :D

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Wow the difference between yours and that other one is pretty big, hard to believe it's the same paint. I'll believe you sinec I forgot what colours were offered, I know there was a lot of weird ones. :D

Gorgeous colour though, almost as nice as the old mustard.

Yummmmm

Edit: Oh I know why, those pictures were taken with flash. That kind of hard white light can throw off colours a lot. Horray!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Those stock tires a skinny... I guess with the low weight you don't need wide ones, but man does that stick out when I look at it. A nice set of 5-spoke 3-piece rims with a lip and at least 30% wider tires and it'd look so much better from the rear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts