MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
For Strong and Hawkins for the former MR2 owner and business person who lived in Ocean Springs, I posted a report on his house in another section of the board. But, to make it easy, the house and all around it are shells. No doors, windows, interior walls, etc The houses on the next block south to the water are ... gone.

87mister2: So I take it that you believe the car I sold him was good? :)

Strawberry Kid: That was undoubtedly a horrible storm. I hope that I don't have to live through another storm like that. No words can express the feelings that go toward all affected by that storm. Offtopic: If you are ever in the Jackson area give me a call and maybe we can do lunch or something.

Strawberry Kid said:
For Strong and Hawkins for the former MR2 owner and business person who lived in Ocean Springs, I posted a report on his house in another section of the board. But, to make it easy, the house and all around it are shells. No doors, windows, interior walls, etc The houses on the next block south to the water are ... gone.
While I think anyone having to go through that is terrible....if it has to happen to someone, it should be someone like that.

Hard to believe I've slept in a house that's a shell now because of this...

logangaudreau said:
Who here would hop in the 2 if they saw a tornado coming toward their house.

If that's all you can get into, what choice do you have????

Peace-

There was a katrina Grandnational, well the guy who lived down there was waiting for his buddy to hurry up and get down there to help him loud up the car. He got there just as it started and was to bad. He left with his GN and whatever he could bring with him in the truck. Good to have freinds like that and being able to save the GN.

mister2driver said:
If that's all you can get into, what choice do you have????

Peace-
If I had a choice between a bathtub and my 2, and a tornado was approaching, I meant I'd hop in and hightail tha hell outta there. As opposed to staying in bathtub. I would have to drive in the high-speed winds though, kind of dangerous.

Things are still very unsettled here with an unknown number of people still displaced, some waiting to return, some never returning. About 60-80,000 in MS are some estimates. Hare to get an accurate count. Some places are still restricted access and property owners are not allowed back in (they were for some salvage work but cannot stay). Health hazard.

hold on...couple of questions:

how many forum members are from the south Ms region?... I'm from Gulfport...
where are you strawberrykid?

The "former business owner in ocean springs"... any threads on what happened? .. is this the guy with 5 mr2's by that Gautier exit highway. (sorry i know thats cryptic) if so he's a friend of a friend, so a accountability for anyone he's ripped off may be in order.

just curiuos.

I'm pretty sure that Strawberry Kid is the 'guy with 5 mr2's by that Gautier exit'.

the guy who ripped everyone off has been pretty much banned from the scene for the last 4 years.

Including you Spoolby, I know of 3 owners south of I-10 in MS who are on the board, and one other who may be out near Hurley. Come to think of it, bmc100 is not south of I-10 but is in Gulfport. There are a few more twos, but not board members or MR2 enthusiasts. They just have them. I have a few kids stop by now and then and want to buy one of mine, but none want to get one that needs any work to get one running.

yeah I have the same problem with kids randomly stopping by and offering $3500 for the two .... :rolleyes: :)

A good friend of mine was a year behind you at USM's nursing school. He couldn't remember your name but apparently spoke to you on occasion.. 6' 2 blond hair guy- Kevin Garris, drove a POS black Sebring with a gay exhaust.. ;) Matter of fact I own the red turbo you may have seen parked outside the Hardin student center once or twice. not many degrees of separation on the coast huh?

BTW are you parting any 2's out? I'm in need of the most minor stuff and would much rather drive for a couple of minutes than deal over the internet.

At any rate, good to meet you.
SteveZ

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.