MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal i bought a 1991 mr2 turbo that has been sitting for a while with a t-top leak. So i replaced the whole interior and have no headunit. My friend just upgraded his headunit out of a Ford Explorer Sport Track so he gave me his double din stock headunit. Now my question is how would I install the headunit if i dont have the plugs for the back of the headunit.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
see if you can get a reverse wiring harness from best buy for the stereo, and get a harness for you 2 aswell. once you got those 2 it should be just like hooking up an aftermarket stereo ;). as far as mounting goes.... well i dont know how you would go about doing that :dontknow:

·
Registered
23 Posts
either spend a whole lot of time wiring up a new loom like i did, or buy a loom if you can. If the unit is a proper double din (and not a made for ford only job) you may find it has holes that line up with your factory mounting brackets. good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got it good. the sides have like a self extracting spring loaded clip so it fits nice and snug. Now wiring this beast...

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Who makes the stereo units for Ford???

Peace-

T

·
0 Posts
some are pioneer I am surprised that it fit into the opening since the ford factory radio is not really a double din.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
width wise it was perfect but id say an eight of an inch too short length wise. but theres no name brand on it. The only sticker I saw was ford.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts