MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil return line on my car has a bad leak in it, i've called Greddy about it and all they can tell me is that it is -3 earl line. The line on my car is a stainless stell braided line. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone that either owns or has owned this kit could answer a couple of questions. First, did the kit come with this braided line? Second, if the kit did come with the braided lines what size fittings does it use? I'm also taking of the exhaust manifold to have a crack rewelded and also to have it braced so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. BTW i have searched this but didn't really find anything about the lines. I have also searched the www for info on this kit and can't find any info on it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well your return line will never be -3an that would be a feed

if you can remove you return line and take to any hose shop they can build you one for under 50bux, exact replica

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
comparing the line i got an what is on the car they appear to be the same diameter. When i get the line off later today i will compare inner diameters. Also if i do i have the right size line what is the possibility of reusing the fittings on the existing line, They aren't leaking and all that really needs to be replaced is the line itself.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
you must be reffering to an Apexi kit, they use IHI turbos. GReddy uses Mitsubishi. If your feed line is -3, your return is probably a -10 or -12.

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
Greddy doesn't use IHI turbos as pred commented. Also the return would never be -3, always -10 or -12 min. If the fittings are crimp on you'll have to buy new ones. I've never seen an OEM turbo manf. using bolt on fittings, so chances are you have ot replace them. Take a pic of the line and post it and I"ll tell you what you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts