MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car with clean title on 11/18/05 and when we went to the place where we transfer title, not so bright employee didn't ask me or person that was selling about milage.

Now i get the title and it sais ODOM. STATUS 4 meaning(exempt from odometer disclosure)

it's a 91Turbo I live in Philadelphia, PA. And I would really like to fix this to a normal title.

If someone knows how it's done or can tell me where to go to find out about it I would really appreciate.

·
Registered
395 Posts
its not that they aren't so bright its that they don't really care about customer service. At least around here it seems like it. I believe in WA state, the office to replace your tabs/and transfer titles are franchised, and the state gives them a local monopoly for that area basically. So, they can do whatever and you can't do anything about it, cuz where else you gonna go?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
aMr2 said:
Do you think its possible to change it though?
I'm sure you can get it changed. You have a legitimate concern because this may affect your ability to resell the vehicle. It's not like you are trying to commit fraud and roll back the odometer or anything.

Either print out the form or go to the DMV and request that form. Fill out the area in section D that pertains to the vehicle data that requires correction. I would hope that they don't charge you because it was their error.

I have one vehicle title that is stamped TMU (True Mileage Unknown) and I'm sure that's not going to help my cause when I go to sell it. It probably won't matter much though because it's my barely running beater.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yea, hopefully they won't charge you. I recently had to re-apply for my title because the lady who orginally helped me wrote the VIN # wrong by 1 character. So, you would think because it was there fault they would waive the fee to inspect the VIN # and the fee to basically talk to the agent. But no, they charged me and charged me good. You can complain, but I don't think the state will do anything, and plus you don't want to piss off the licensing people or they may not send you the title or give you your tabs, etc.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Throw a fit in the DMV. Lots of those people there (not all) are asses.

Funny story.

I was there with my mom about a year ago. When we finally got to the counter she told the clerk that we had been waiting an unreasonable amount of time. She said this in a perfectly acceptable manner. The clerk then proceeded to say, "Mam, we can refuse you service and have you arrested."
The armed security guard then came over to the desk and just stood there with his hand on his gun. My mom continued to state the ineffciency of the DMV and perhaps if didn't waste money on crappy chairs that maybe the clerk would no longer have a job. Fortunately the clerk pulled her head out of her ass and backed down.

Sorry, this is completely unrelated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
hey guys......guess what..we have a DMV guy here :)

working at the DMV myself, it does seem like the general perception of DMV's have a bad rep. for customer service. i can understand why; when you have a lot of people waiting for service especially when the waiting gets long...people generally get impatient and everything goes out the roof, especially when things can't be completed.

In Minnesota, if a vehicle is older than 10yrs, the recording of mileage is no longer required. Even if you write the mileage down the tilte will come back with "mileage not required". i'm sure that's also the case for the rest of the states (probably why the clerk disregarded odometer).

Our DMV office is mostly comprise of college students, and we happen to have an amazing boss. His philosophy "fast, friendly, and effeicient service" is strictley enforced. we actually get nice comments from customers, telling us our office offers the best service they've been to. of course we still have our bad shares of temper tantrum.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats true last mr2 i bough it had something about milage not being shown but that was mistake of 2 sales back. When i was registering the car to myself I asked can i change that in the title. and the lady told me that it doesn't matter cuz the car is more then 10 yo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts