Discussion Starter #1
Found some 5 spoke celica wheels that look very close to the 98/99 MR2 wheels
5 lug
Would these fit on the sw20?
Anyone need any?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Very interesting. I’m thinking if Toyota wheels with 5 lug pattern, especially the from a Celica, should fit on other model with 5 lug. Learn something new.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depends on what Celica they came from. All NA Celicas I've ever owned (And I have owned about a dozen of them) were 5x100. The GT-FOUR Celicas are 5x114 IIRC.

·
5,233 Posts
Unfortunately, the PCD adapter spacers are usually much thicker than regular spacers, so that would screw up the wheel offset. On top of that, those 2 inch thick spacers weigh like dumbbells, and these cars are sensitive to unsprung weight..

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To clarify, this was the last gen of celica

they are 15s, while they look good Im trying to get away from 15 to give more tire options
Thought I'd ask to help others out

·
2,213 Posts
The ST series of Celica is 5x114.3 but the ZZT is more like a Corolla but with 5x100 instead. It is interesting that they went 5 stud as the Corolla and MR-S that use the same 1ZZ and 2ZZ are 4x100.

As @Negative points out, Celicas were always 5x100. Too much MR2 on the brain. Even the Caldinas are 5x100 due to having Celica architecture.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The ST series of Celica is 5x114.3 but the ZZT is more like a Corolla but with 5x100 instead. It is interesting that they went 5 stud as the Corolla and MR-S that use the same 1ZZ and 2ZZ are 4x100.
Not to be argumentative, but not that's not true. I've owned several ST-204's (1994, 1995 and 1999) and all of them were 5x100. The same is true of the ZZ Celicas, for sure, because I used to run the 16" GTS wheels on my old 1999 Celica GT.
IIRC it's only the ST-205's, and possibly the ST-185s, that were 5x114.

·
2,213 Posts
Not to be argumentative, but not that's not true. I've owned several ST-204's (1994, 1995 and 1999) and all of them were 5x100. The same is true of the ZZ Celicas, for sure, because I used to run the 16" GTS wheels on my old 1999 Celica GT.
IIRC it's only the ST-205's, and possibly the ST-185s, that were 5x114.
Not argumentative at all because I am completely wrong! They were all 5x100.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not argumentative at all because I am completely wrong! They were all 5x100.
To make it a bit more confusing, the MKIII MRS style wheels were available in 4 lug/15" for the MRS and 5 lug/15" for the Celica GT - BUT - Were also available as 5 lug/16" wheels for the Celica GTS. They're great looking wheels and very light for stocks but, sadly, wrong lug pattern for SW20s. This is not even to speak of the offsets, which I believe are all wrong for our cars , as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
To make it a bit more confusing, the MKIII MRS style wheels were available in 4 lug/15" for the MRS and 5 lug/15" for the Celica GT - BUT - Were also available as 5 lug/16" wheels for the Celica GTS. They're great looking wheels and very light for stocks but, sadly, wrong lug pattern for SW20s. This is not even to speak of the offsets, which I believe are all wrong for our cars , as well.
interesting.

I’ve always thought they’d be a nice pseudo replica of the 98-99 wheel, other than them not fitting.

I’ve seen a few 98-99 sets for sale once or twice. Don’t seem to be crazy expensive, just harder to come by. I’d like a set if I can find one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts