MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, really it seems like the pilot sports are the only set out there. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers are planning on making some new sizes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,236 Posts
225/45 for the front should be easier to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
if u went with 205s up front....toyo t1-s....but with a 245 in the rear in a 45 series tires...the sidewall looks huge.....i wished i went with a 40 series tire instead for my rears....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
MRQturbo said:
if u went with 205s up front....toyo t1-s....but with a 245 in the rear in a 45 series tires...the sidewall looks huge.....i wished i went with a 40 series tire instead for my rears....
I agree that a 245/45/16 has a huge sidewall. Yuk. Worse gearing, inaccurate speedo, and taller ride height/mushier sidewalls. Too bad no one makes a 245/40/16.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MRQturbo said:
if u went with 205s up front....toyo t1-s....but with a 245 in the rear in a 45 series tires...the sidewall looks huge.....i wished i went with a 40 series tire instead for my rears....
Hmm, I'll take that into consideration, 245/40/16 seems like a very difficult size to find too though. . . :thumbdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr. Pepper said:
I agree that a 245/45/16 has a huge sidewall. Yuk. Worse gearing, inaccurate speedo, and taller ride height/mushier sidewalls. Too bad no one makes a 245/40/16.
Hell I might just drop down to 225r, 205f. . .I really want to get the Kosei K1's in 16/7.5 and 16/8.5, but at the same time get matching tires. Very difficult . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
trahsub said:
Hell I might just drop down to 225r, 205f. . .I really want to get the Kosei K1's in 16/7.5 and 16/8.5, but at the same time get matching tires. Very difficult . . .
A fellow in my town has a 91T (black) with white K1's on it (16x7.5 front and 8.5 rear). He runs 205/45/16 front and 225/45/16 rear (same sizes as me) in kumho ecsta supa 712 (also the same as me) :) I like this sizing combo. The overall diameters are very close to stock, and the sidewall heights are also nice. Not too tall, not too thin. FWIW, i use 16x7 and 16x8 wheels, although the extra 0.5" of width from the K1's will help performance due to the slightly stretched sidewall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
I'm weird cuz I like the tall sidewalls. It just seems to fill in the fenderwells better. 225/45 and 245/45 in 16 are much easier to find though.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top