MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had a somewhat string of bad luck recently with my Gen2 swap, see here: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=471101

Well, I finally got it running and I couldn't be happier. I was on the brink of selling it all too, now I just have to tie up some loose ends and it's back on the road. Here's a vid of it running for the first time: (sorry about the commentary and weird camera angles...I did NOT expect it to turn on with the first try) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152160899964817

Now I do think my AFM is bad since the car will turn on and run for 2-3 seconds and then die when it's connected, but disconnected it runs fine. I know I have the intercooler pipes loose and some aren't connected, but that shouldn't be an issue with the car just ldling...right?

It isn't very good looking, but it's mine :)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
On an AFM-based fuel injection system you need the intercooler pipes connected as it's metering air pre-turbo as opposed to a map system that measures manifold pressure and intake air temp for fueling (those will run with intercooler pipes disconnected).

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On an AFM-based fuel injection system you need the intercooler pipes connected as it's metering air pre-turbo as opposed to a map system that measures manifold pressure and intake air temp for fueling (those will run with intercooler pipes disconnected).

Congrats!
Crap, no wonder! Thanks for the heads up man!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a question for you guys. My timing belt seems to be riding on the outer edge of my cam gears, like right on the edge..it doesn't go over it though. Can that cause damage later on? Like, will it explode on me? lol I installed the tensioner with the washer behind it and all of that stuff so I know I'm not missing anything vital down there.

So...is that bad?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I like the monkey laugh just before you get out the car :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts