MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya guys. i keep getting confused about my transmission. I always hear that my trans could've came with a lsd. i'm not really sure and right now i'm swapping the engine in my car. Supposedly lsd's i know make the wheels rotate in the same direction. I also heard lsd's that turns the wheels simliarly like a regular plain differential. I need to clear this up before i put gear oil into the trans because i don't want to screw it up. My clip itself said 16g on the back taillight.. i thought it might've meant g-limited but my friend said it wasn't. but yea some clairification would be nice.. thanks - jeff

·
i overtake on roundabouts
3,796 Posts
my 88 s/c 1/2 cut came with a lsd. when i jack the rear of the car off the ground and spin one tyre by hand the other spins in the same direction.
with a friend we can 'just' get it to slip by hand when holding one of the tyres.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
You won't screw it up by putting plain gear oil in it for a quick test. When I got my clip, the guy had it installed in an '88 and you could feel it grabbing/shuddering/chattering (hard to describe) when turning right onto the road out of my driveway. I bought a small bottle of LSD additive and put it in the tranny and all is well.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
jeff even if you do or dont you can still put in Pennzoil Syncromesh. It has been used on LSD and non LSD trannys with no problems yet. You can get it at Autozone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts