MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my parents are looking to relocate into this area. and i told them id try here n see what u guys think
basically they wanna live ina smaller town (mother hates cities even big towns)
they were wondering cost of living in that area
they were thinkin of jim thorpe,lehigton no more than 35 minutes from philipsburg new jersey
any suggestions,recommendations etc?
thanx alot!
tim

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I live right in that area! Look up Weatherly, it is a small town, much smaller than both Jim Thrope and Lehigton but not far from either of them. If you Mom hates big towns, I would suggest staying away from Lehigton. Jim Thrope isn't bad but for some reason it gets a lot of visitors during the summer. I used to drive through it every day and it was always jammed during the afternoon with visitors.

I currently live with my parents so as far as living expenses go I can not honestly say. I could ask what the taxes and such are for the area if you would like.

Our old house is for sale though if you would want more information ;)

Ranch home, detached garage, fenced in back yard, 4 bedrooms, 1.5 bath. I believe its listed at 88k.

PM me on AOL if you want, Kup0p (with a zero).

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well he is just startin a new job and hasnt worked for 2 years he just finished school so i think they plan on renting until they get more money saved?
yeah my mom is a nut with driving in any traffic currently live in a dying town where there are 7 churches - 1 bar - 1 store lol
nothing else? i was in that area last summer went to get a rim fixed and met phil for a part
but like say rent - what does it average for a decent apt? they r thinkin like 800/mo
here u can get a house for half that so i mean cost of living could be significantly different
so they just wanted an idea wat to expect
thanx
tim

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
You'll be able to find places in this area and those you mentioned for well under 800 a month when renting. What you described about your Mom is basically Weatherly :)

Anyways, the area itself is alright. It is small which can be annoying but it also has benefits. Low crime and all of that.

As I said I live with my parents still so I can't really give too much useful information.

I guess just start looking at some realtors online for this area.

Maybe I'll get to see another MKII on the roads! ;)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Hey tim, welcome to t he neighborhood :) You are about find 10X the amount of MR2s events :D

Seriously, your parents should not have a problem finding something to rent in that price range and they could buy a nice-sized home for a lot less than that.

Kupop, call me at work today ... shoot me an e-mail if you do not have that number.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will not be moving lol
my parents dont wanna buy a house at this time. if anyone could hook me up with a classified apt for rent section? if anyone gets a newpaper
they dont want anything fancy 1 bedroom apt is fine with them - just out of the city i tried yahoo and i got a few
but im sure ill make a trip over there this summer fora meet will try too anyway haha
thanx
tim

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I visited Jim Thorpe one time, strangest place on earth to drive in to. I swear as soon as you get in you think you made a wrong turn and landed in some other country on some other planet. Very strange layout but looked like a cool place to live.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts