MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anybody knows of any shops in the east bay that do fender rolling. Im picking up a set of wheels tomarrow, and I wanted to get everything done, ie. pick up the wheels, roll fenders, and get allignment before I go back to school. Im not really sure how to do it myself, an wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to get it done quick and right. Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm they are 245s as well. I have Intrax springs tho that give me about a 1.5in drop. Are you running stock suspenion or are you lowered?

·
Pisces Power!!
2,993 Posts
Yup, with 1.5" drop my guess is you'll have to roll 'em like i had to...i have a +37 off on a 9" rim, with a 1.5" drop and when i switched from a 235 to a 245, it would rub slightly when I cornered hard, or you have a fat-ass friend riding with you hahahha! It's soooo easy dude, if you wanted to take the trip to my house i would do it for free...most shops will charge you probalby $20 a corner.

Norm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, ill post up as soon as I get the wheels. My pick up date was pushed back to next saturday, so ill find out if I need to then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok so I picked up the wheels up today. I put them on and it had no trouble clearing the fenders but.... the top of the front wheel hits the bottom of the suspension to the point where the wheel cant move (sorry if im not being very specific). Just wondering if anybody has expirenced this problem before, and what options do I have to correct it? Here are the full specs on the wheels
Volk TE37
Front: 17x7.5 +30mm offset, tires: 225/45
Rear: 17x8.5 +30mm offset, tires: 245/40
Suspension: stock w/ Intrax lowering springs (1.5in drop I think)
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
-Dan

oh yea ill try to post some pics of the problem soon

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you still need to roll/pull your fenders, i know a guy in the east bay that does the best job...hes done probably literally a third of the bay's fenders and never messes up...LMK if you need the info...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea thanks a lot for that. Im gonna have to pay a visit to Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley and see if my problem can be corrected with wheel spacers, and also get alignment done. So once thats taken care of ill prob need to roll my front fenders.

·
Pisces Power!!
2,993 Posts
why are you going to run spacers??? Those offsets will give you nice, flush profile with the fenders. You put on spacers and now you'll be outside the fenders. Like Greddysw20 said, go with the 215/40 in teh front, and 235 or 245/40 in the rear, and you'll be good to go!

Norm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

this is the problem I have in the front. My concern is even if I am able to get the tires to clear, wont they still be sitting underneath the suspension (and have the possibility of rubbing during bumps and hard cornering) as opposed to sitting more to the side?

·
Pisces Power!!
2,993 Posts
IMO I think you should get the 215/40s mounted up first and see how things go. For comparison, my fronts are 215/40/17x7 +29; the difference here being the half inch rim width (12mm). Even with my HA coilover (wider than stock), I have about 12mm clearance between wheel/tire and spring perch, so honestly I think you will be o.k. There is a world of difference between a 225/45, and a 215/40; you will be suprised. If you still have an issue, go with a small spacer; 2-5mm range tops. Keep us posted...I'm curious now about how it all works out.

Norm

1 - 20 of 33 Posts