MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bore you with another fender flare thread but I've searched for awhile and the more I search, the more answers arise.

I have a 1990 MR2 I am looking to install fender flares. I like the Abflug style flares but can not find them. I purchased a set off of the eBay advertised as Abflug and put them up against the car after receiving them in the mail and they're the junk low arches that look funny. They add 1" in the front and 2" in the rear.

Does anyone know anyone that has Abflug flares lying around or "Sexy Style" or similar that don't have a low arch?

Secondly, I can't find anyone with wheel specs that has flares. Everyone posts width and diameter without mention of offset. I've seen tons of pics of MR2's with the flares so would've thought there would be some discussion of offset. Anyone have the flares installed and remember their offset? It seems like anyone who bought the flares sold them soon after without installation or sold their car soon after and no longer on the forum.

Lastly, every thread I find of flares all say different size width than the next thread of the same flares so not really sure which to listen to since that makes a difference when spending almost $2k on wheels and tires, if anyone knows some solid info that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help, car is at the body shop ready to get chopped up so looking to figure this out sooner than later.

·
1994 SMG N/A
3,159 Posts
I know what the Abflug flares look like but I've got no idea what these "low arches" are.

As far as wheel fitment goes, tires sizes are equally as important as wheel size. Alignment also plays a critical role in fitment. Even if two tires may technically be the same size, one tire can be a bit wider and/or taller than the other tire. High grip tires will tend to run wider than regular tires. What is your intended usage with the vehicle? If it's racing, you may be limited by the class you opt to run in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts