MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sent a bov to a fellow mr2 owner in Philly . They where not only very late , but half way through the delivery they lost the parcel. Now of course I have to fill out the claim and blah blah blah you know the rest. I will never willingly send anything through then again,even after they make this good . :veryangry

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
I've found FedEx to be superior to ANY other shipping company. I have always had problems with UPS and with USPS..well..what can you say about USPS, anything ran by the government is gonna suck.

FedEx is the cheapest and fastest of any private shipping company. I use them all the time so ship guitars and our company uses them as well. We had nothing but problems with UPS before we made the switch.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Fedex sucks ass. They cant even give me a tracking number of something i sent from my own household. Now because of this im being billed for something i returned two months ago.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
kirkosaurus said:
I've never had a problem with a tracking any package through FedEx and I use them all the time.
Hey Kirk,

I got the the inserts I ordered from you last Thursday. Thanks. But FedEx never updated their (tracking website.) Oh well, ____ happens.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had ordered a turbo a while back and Fed-Ex couldn't find my house. I even called and gave them directions three times they still couldn't find it. 3rd day came and I called to tell them I would just pick it up, I get there and I'm told my order is at my house. I get home and nothing. My order came in on Mon. and didn't actually get it until Fri. Thanks Fed-Ex.

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
Driz26 said:
I had ordered a turbo a while back and Fed-Ex couldn't find my house. I even called and gave them directions three times they still couldn't find it. 3rd day came and I called to tell them I would just pick it up, I get there and I'm told my order is at my house. I get home and nothing. My order came in on Mon. and didn't actually get it until Fri. Thanks Fed-Ex.
Same exact thing happened to me with UPS.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Every shipping company has problems. I've found FedEx to be the cheapest and easiest to deal with on claims. I've never had FedEx break anything, but I have had 3 shipments lost (surprisingly, 2 of them were sway bars...how do you not notice a 4 foot long bright red bar coming out of a box?). All of these claims were handled relatively quickly and with little drama.

I had UPS lose a package and break a transmission bell housing (?!?). The claim process was downright painful.

USPS does a pretty good job considering the volume they move. Their claim process could use some work, but they've come a long way in the last few years.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I had FedEx steal one of my packages several years ago. The package arrived at the 2nd closest station to me around midnight. Conveniently, six minutes later, the package was delivered to my house. Yeah right, its at least 20 minutes drive to my house and in the dark. Who the ____ believes that. Lucky, the buyer just sent me another item, but I had him ship it to my cousins house just in case. FedEx does have cheaper rates compared to UPS.

UPS, I haven't had problems with, but I don't like to use them b/c they are more expensive.

USPS, they are good for small packages, like under 1 lb. Bigger packages, I find its cheaper with FedEx. Although USPS did manage to lose(employee theft) my package to Canada. This was last summer. I bought insurance. I filed my claim on time. But they won't pay me my $200 b/c they NEED to wait for Canadian Post to respond to this claim saying that they did an investigation and no package can be found. Its like wtf. I called Canadian Post myself and they said the package didn't even make it to the border. Lost at the airport when it went on the airplane. Never came off.

Pretty much every carrier got problems. I guess pick the one with the least troubles that you encountered.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Fed ex is horrible... i will never use them again. it is the only shipping company that i have had problems with twice.
first the smashed the hell out of my tko exhaust. was purchased from another member but it was still in the original wrapping from tko. i saw pictures of this exhaust before it was shipped. when it arrived the box was beat up and the exhaust itself had 4 or 5 dents on it, one very large and very noticeable. i called to file a claim but they were not cooperative at all and after everything i ended up just keeping the damn thing.

second time. I was shipped a 93 lip from someone on the board, and the guy packaged it with the curved ends sticking out of the box in bubble wrap. I don't know how they even accepted this packaging. furthermore, they left it at a house that was 3 houses down from mine. after 2 weeks of not getting the lip i was curious as to what happened. on my way home i saw a large box that was sitting at the afformentioned house. anyway, no one lives there right now and this box had sat through 2 terrible thunderstorms and the box was soaking with water all inside of the package. the paint on the lip was bubbled and pealing off. i was repainting it anyway but needless to say i was very mad.
I WILL NEVER EXCEPT ANYTHING SHIPPED FROM FED-EX AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hajimoto MR2 said:
Fedex sucks ass. They cant even give me a tracking number of something i sent from my own household. Now because of this im being billed for something i returned two months ago.

You cant blame fedex for that. Why didnt you keep your tracking number to begin with? If you hadnt lost it then you wouldnt have a problem now.....

Everything you send Fed Ex has a tracking number. Everything......

Fed ex is like a computer. You enter in your program, They run the EXE program. If its jacked up, 98% the time is user error. Other wise they wouldnt be around and be as big as they are....
They Do make mistakes every now and then, But when you move as much crap as they do, Your aloud to make one or two mistakes....

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
mkimr2 said:
You cant blame fedex for that. Why didnt you keep your tracking number to begin with? If you hadnt lost it then you wouldnt have a problem now.....

Everything you send Fed Ex has a tracking number. Everything......

Fed ex is like a computer. You enter in your program, They run the EXE program. If its jacked up, 98% the time is user error. Other wise they wouldnt be around and be as big as they are....
They Do make mistakes every now and then, But when you move as much crap as they do, Your aloud to make one or two mistakes....
sorry there guy, i dont know the stipulations on returning something i didnt pay for or have to pay for shipping too unless it becomes LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!. Damn Fedex lost my damn package too lol.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
and if everything has a tracking number on it, why is it so hard for them to at least keep track of where things where picked up at, when it was sent. Maybe a damn history of my ass sending them things might be something they might need to do later in the future too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts