MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do people think about this tire? i need tires for the stock 15" rim. Right now i have dunlop sp8000 tire, and there pretty much bald. i found falken ze-512 in 225/50R/15. How r these tires in rain/dry and how would they be at a dragstrip would they hook up well? I am looking to order these tires on monday so let me know what u guys think.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
you can't beat the price, but personally i'd rather spend a bit more for something better...the toyo proxxes 4 is a great tire for around $100/tire....i've ran at the drag strip on both of these tires and the proxxes 4 was definitely much better....it's also a better wet/dry traction tire, but the 512 is a great daily tire for the price

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
They're very well priced tires, and for the price they perform well.. but hard driving and they'll show their flaws pretty quick

Straight line traction is good on them, but it's the cornering where they show their pretty low limits. Pretty confident in the wet though

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses guys, ive been really considering the falkens because im kinda low on cash, but i really need rear tires.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I think they're a great bang for the buck

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
i use them lets see i have 215/50R15s up front and 225/50R15s in the rear ad for daily they are very good tires last a while too if your nice to them as for hard driving i dont drag so i dont know but the auto x was fun but i didnt have alot or gripp in teh front of the car they are very easy to push arround a turn if you know what i mean.
i also have the 215/40R17s and 255/35R18s but have not had them on the road yet

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have this tire and it does an aweasome job for me in good ol seattle. It handles, rain super well and can take the occasional twisties. Did I mention they last a long time( so far 10k and the rears look aweasome) I hear its not uncommon to have to replace tires every 20k on the back with this tire, any one else care to chime in? Also the tire is fairly quiet on the freeway, i like it.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
I've used them for a while now and I can get them at a decent price. Just e-mail me what size you are looking for and let's what we can do.

Peace-

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the responses guys, mister2driver-i ordered the rears already but i will need the fronts soon, so i will email u when i need those. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts