MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2nd Annual ?Cars for the Cure? Bash & Auto Show extravaganza will be held the weekend of February 3rd ? 4th 2006 at beautiful Colonial TownPark in Heathrow/Lake Mary Florida. These charitable events, whose proceeds go to support the American Lung Association of Florida, promises to be like none other.
The Square at Colonial TownPark
Saturday February 4th,
at 10:00am 4:00pm
AUTO SHOWING
This all-day show is the auto enthusiasts dream! You will be able to enjoy a perfect day walking the Colonial TownPark concourse, viewing some of the most powerful and highly-tuned cars from around the world on display for public viewing. International and American Customs, European Exotics, High Power Racers and more. The streets are lined with great shops, restaurants and attractions as well as a variety of sponsor and vendor booths to make your visit relaxing and enjoyable.

Click Here " www.CarsForTheCure.com "

Hope some of you can make it out
Ill be there checkin it out for a bit around Noon.

later
-Kenny

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah i will be there tomorrow. I have a friend who works for the american lung assoc. So yeah she is hot and i will be there. N E ways that is not why i am going. I want to go to see some great cars. Also a little off topic, Does n e body now if you can smoke at the show. Do you think that would be messed up?

·
You can't handle the two!
410 Posts
The Cars for the Cure show was a blast. I should have won the best MR2 at the show?well ok I was the only MR2 entered in the show but they didn?t have a prize for that anyway.

The cars that showed up were awesome; there was a Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ-220, two Porsche GTs, three Ford GTs and a slew of other exotics including about 10 Lamborghini sports cars. I was by far the cheapest car there.

The cool part however was Sunday. I ran the car with a pack of exotics on a road tour with a Porsche GT3, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lotus Elise, Corvette Z06, Mercedes SLK-55 and some others. We did a backcountry run through central Florida the day after the Cars for the Cure charity car show (all cars were people who entered the show). I have to say I was extremely please how well the Archangel held up against cars that cost five to ten times what my car cost. They never pulled away from me and I always felt I had plenty of power to stay with them. I was running 20psi that day and wow, it?s a totally awesome car unleashed (I give credit to the Hux?s for hooking me up). Another driver during the road tour noted that my MR2 purged a set of 3ft fireballs out the exhaust; I guess I am running a little rich.

When I originally showed up to the tour I had a few people look at me a little funny but by the end of the event there were people who said they were surprised just how well the MR2 seemed to perform. Ten years of hard work has seemed to pay off.
I did post a few new pictures on my car domain page? I have my car styling with a Gallardo right before the road tour.

I hope to meet with you all at the Festival of Speed

1992 Garage Fukui wannabe ? JDM MR2 Turbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2060345

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jesse you also had Fireballs cuz your turbo was getting way too hot also being at 20psi for too long on a long ride like that - and being Rich
LOL
tone it down a bit LOL your maxing out effeciency at around 18
I wish i could have gone on that Joy ride Sunday.. Sounds like it was a Blast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts