1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wana do a full exhaust on 88 mr2 sc
I dont know if i would be better of with 2" inch or 2.5" inches
And if anyone could shed some light on a good brand to look into
I dont want a fart cannon but its also an mr2 so i dont wanna wicked rumbly muscle sound i like the little rasp of the old tuner cars
Im just really stumped and i dont wana drop money on an exhaust i dont like

·
http://www.mr2zone.com
2,379 Posts
On his main page is this "NOTICE: The SV3Power online store will be closed until approximately 02/28/14. No new orders will be accepted until the store is reopened. We need this time to freshen up the catalog, retool, reorganize, and finish a few other projects."

http://www.sv3power.com/

Now keep in mind we have passed that date but I tried to put together an order and all items show "Out of Stock".

Edit: Because apparently I can't spell.

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
If quiet is your priority go with 2.
If power with a little headroom to grow is your priority go 2.5.
2.5 shouldn't be much louder with a good muffler but likely a little bit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The only way it'll be a fart cannon is if you get some crappy eBay muffler,

As far as catback, I have custom 2.5" piping to a Greddy RS muffler, angled out, exhaust tip pointed up like true JDM style... I notice hardly anyone really goes for JDM, it's deep low tone, little raspy when hitting the high RPMs

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
On his main page is this "NOTICE: The SV3Power online store will be closed until approximately 02/28/14. No new orders will be accepted until the store is reopened. We need this time to freshen up the catalog, retool, reorganize, and finish a few other projects."

http://www.sv3power.com/

Now keep in mind we have passed that date but I tried to put together an order and all items show "Out of Stock".
You are correct. I took a break because, frankly, I needed it. Right now, I am trying to build inventory so that more items are ready to ship when a customer places an order, rather than building them after an order is placed. The first items on the build schedule are batches of NA and SC cat-back mufflers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The only way it'll be a fart cannon is if you get some crappy eBay muffler,

As far as catback, I have custom 2.5" piping to a Greddy RS muffler, angled out, exhaust tip pointed up like true JDM style... I notice hardly anyone really goes for JDM, it's deep low tone, little raspy when hitting the high RPMs

I like it, reminds me of my old setup, although I went downward. I tried to tuck it up as much as possible. I had a large straight through muffler than this tip after it. It was really quiet, no rasp at all.. Kind of sad it was so quiet. I also had a HX35 turbo so that helped too. Sounded good when the turbo spooled up, just quiet lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts