MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I'm eagerly awaiting this event.

-NA2005 Website is the main site where they have listed the Events, Hotel we are staying at, and lots of other great information.

-NA2005 Threads Also look over this page for different theads pertaining to your curiosity -

-Registration
This site is to register for the big event. You can also register for the autox, drag, road course, and shownshine events here as well. They've also got tshirts and some other misc stuff to check out.

I think it's a good idea we meet down here in Indy since the route to Topeka is fairly simple from here on out. If there are problems with this, please let me know. If you have questions on how to get here, ask away. I was thinking about meeting downtown somewhere off of 65, which is what a lot of you will be coming down. Again, let me know if you have an easier idea.

- "The event Hotel for NA2005 is the Ramada Topeka, located in downtown Topeka, just up Topeka Blvd from HPT."

"We have 50 rooms blocked under NA2005 . They are $70 for standard rooms (1-4 people) and $90 for suites (1-4 people). We can get more rooms blocked if these fill up. The hotel is currently being renovated and all of the blocked rooms will be newly renovated. These rates are good 6/8-6/14, so you can get in on the block if you're arriving early and staying a couple of extra days.

Amenities included with your room:

Free broadband in your room
Free hot breakfast buffet
Microwave and mini-fridge in every room
WiFi in lobby Atrium "

"They are giving us their overflow parking lot and they have roving security.

You must phone in your order (785)234-5400 or 1-800-432-2424 and tell them you want to be included in the NA2005 group to get this rate. Please reserve your room early - you can cancel as late as 4pm the day before check-in. We need to fill the rooms in the block so that the hotel knows we're serious.

Ramada Inn Downtown Topeka KS
420 East 6th/I-70
Topeka, KS, 66607
US
785-234-5400" -

I'm reserving my room tomorrow morning. But make sure you tell them what you are there for (NA2005) and do it soon. Start saving up, this is something you will NOT want to miss out on... once in a life time event.

Make sure to go over emergency equipment as well... such as spark jacks, woodblock, tools, emergency kits, spare tire, so on etc.... I'll have my jack I bought from David in the trunk, woowooo!

People who are in for NA2005 (our area)
1) mr20nza
2) blue-sun
3) MR2TuRbZ ;)
4) neef
5) ArmandoP

Those considering NA2005
1) Lmackattack
2) maverickman4
3) Daemon

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Im going to KC next friday to get a truck. If I can get a trailer to hold 3 cars,Including mine I will make the trip. If I can get some locals to use my trailer to get there cars there and back in exchange for help with fuel costs I will go. my Truck gets 6.5MPG I have (2) 100 gallon tanks so thats 1300 miles MAX per fillup, At $2.00 a gal = $400 for a full load of fuel. 600 miles one way so it would cost $130 per person to get there car there and back. We will see if I can get that trailer and a few locals to hitch a ride.

Trent

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah sounds like a good idea, especially those who plan on racing/showing and are skeptical about making that long of a trip. I'll be driving my car though!

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's really simple... for those who are thinking of going, all you have to do is Register, reserve a hotel room where I've posted, and drive down to Indy to meet up. The rest is smooooth sailin out to Kansas. About an 8-9 hour drive, but it'll be awesome with pure MR2s.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
sorry dave.....dont htink i'll be heading out there. im cheap........and that'll be my busy time with company stuff.....and as sweet as it'd be to see a bunch of 2's.......i can only handle big gatherings like that a litle bit.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey David, you want to share a room? It'll probably be just my girlfriend and I. My buddy Damon (MR2TuRbZ) wants to get a room as well, but he's bringing someone with also.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya it'll probably be akward, hahaha. Nevermind, I know what you mean. I'm not even positive if she's going for sure though. I am going to get a hotel pretty soon though. If a buddy of mine tags along instead of her, would you be interested? Than we can all split the costs. I just want to get a room here soon.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
mr20nza said:
Ya it'll probably be akward, hahaha. Nevermind, I know what you mean. I'm not even positive if she's going for sure though. I am going to get a hotel pretty soon though. If a buddy of mine tags along instead of her, would you be interested? Than we can all split the costs. I just want to get a room here soon.
Yah, no doubt. I can't swing the cost alone and a few people I talked to sofar don't want to go (a few cousins and other car friends who might like to go but wont)

Keep me posted and I'll do the same if anything changes.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
nick you didnt add me you your list? are you retarded from playing too much GT4?

i am goin, if i can get a new headgasket... i will tho, dont worry

i will have a guest with me too, if we can fit 3 to a room, i wouldnt mind havin ya split it david

Problem nick..... we ARE spending the night in St. Louis.... we arent making the trip in one day.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Lmackattack said:
Im going to KC next friday to get a truck. If I can get a trailer to hold 3 cars,Including mine I will make the trip. If I can get some locals to use my trailer to get there cars there and back in exchange for help with fuel costs I will go. my Truck gets 6.5MPG I have (2) 100 gallon tanks so thats 1300 miles MAX per fillup, At $2.00 a gal = $400 for a full load of fuel. 600 miles one way so it would cost $130 per person to get there car there and back. We will see if I can get that trailer and a few locals to hitch a ride.

Trent

I am interested, not for sure, it depends on the condition of the car when its getting close to June, if you fill up 3, go ahead, but if its getting close and you need a 3rd, i may do that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts