MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that if I install the boost controller and FCD I can boost the engine at 14psi with little or no more engine wear. Is this true?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome =] I plan on buying a cheap MR2Turbo that has about 100k on it assuming it has LSD and ABS, then I just want to get it within the same quickness specifications as my friends 1997 BMW M3 so we can autocross with relativly equal cars.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, exactly. They quarter low 14s and 0-60 in 5.5

I figure the MR2 has handling thats pretty decently close.

Unfortunatly Road and Track said 97 M3 is the best handling car over 30,000 so I doubt I could BEAT it in handling, but id be close =]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i'm pretty sure you could - most people consider the 91-98 mr2 the best handling car under 30k :) straight line would take around $2k to show him who's boss ;) unless you got a 93+which, if you want an LSD, you'll prolly have to find - in which case, it would only take a couple hundred bucks and some good driving to beat those times...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
as far as i know it bolts right up? some 92s had it, i remember reading on the forums where you could look at it and tell if it was an LSD - but it was on 93+ and available in mid-late 92 if i'm not mistaken?

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Nufsaid said:
Well as long as I can bolt one up into it =]
It's a little more than just bolting one up. You would probably be better off just swapping you tranny for an LSD tranny. You can find them here on the board or www.xcars.com often for a fairly good price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts