MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled my engine out for a little tune up. I was amazed at how many wires water, oil, vacume lines there are.... While its out is there anything I can get rid of to make the whole thing less complex. Also I want to do this in a performance orianted way. I see that a few people get rid of the tvis system. What about egr I know that the jdm ones dont have that. Would that just be easy by making some blanking plates. Any thoughts would be good. I am new to the 3sgte scene.
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
You can buy the egr blank off plates relatively inexpensively from someone on the board. I forget who I got mine from. Try the search function.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
IIRC, KO Racing sells EGR block off plates.

I wouldn't eliminate the TVIS unless I was substantially above the stock power levels, you will only be hurting your low end power. The vacuum system for the TVIS is fairly simple anyway, and you don't even see it when the engine is in the car. It's just the line to the purple canister, from the purple canister to the TVIS solenoid, and then from that solenoid to the TVIS vacuum actuator.

You can eliminate the T/VSV system if you don't plan on running stock boost. It's the blue solenoid underneath the intake manifold. It has a hose running to it from the wastegate actuator and another hose that runs from it back into your intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts