MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a motor, ecu, engine harness, etc. from a company. They clamied that it was a complete engine harness. But when I got it, it looked like it tell I noticed that there are 3 bundles of wires that are coming out of the bottom of the rear fuse panel. Well after further investigation I noticed that 2 or so of those bundels were for the ECU plugs ? Is that correct ?

Its a J-Spec 3SGTE Motor.

Are the 3SGTE USDM Motor Engine Harnesess the same as the J-Spec ? Can I use a USDM Engine Harness with a J-Spec 3SGTE ?

Are the pin out the usdm ecu plug the same as the j-spec. Any help on what to do, or what those 3 bundles coming out of the rear fuse panel are for would be great.

Oh yeah its going in a 92 N/A usdm of course.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
i am pretty much in the same boat you are too my friend....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I meant is that the 3 bundles are cutt coming out of the rear fuse panel and I think 2 of them or so go to the ECU.............is this correct ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plug A. I have a diagram, don't remember where I got it. But there is a BA2 and a AB1. The AB1 is right by the 3 ECU plugs. I see what you mean now. The one that goes to the body harness also goes to the Engine Tempature Sensor, the one that is on hood.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
i mran on the ecu there are 3 plugs one of them go to the body harness and the other 2 go to the motor

the body harness plug that goes to the ecu is usually cut since its the body harness
thats all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could you guys post pictures of what is cut? I recently did a wireharness repair for a 91' that in put a 93' 3s-gte JDM motor into. J-spec automotive sent the harness all hacked up and totaly cut, took me 2 days to fix the harness as best as i could. I know for shure im going to run into some problems, so i would like to see where its cut and what wires should be going to the computer area.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
from memory..... its been a while and i dont have any documentation with me here.....

there are 6 "groups" that go in or out of the engine bay fuse box
1 white hevy cable from bat.
2 white hevy cable out bound ( cant remember where it goes right now)
3 top plug directly to engine #x pins
4 top plug directly to engine #x pins
5 bottom plug to body harness
6 bottom plug to body harness/ AND ecu or the plug in the trunk ( cant recall that one right now)

now on the ecu there should be
1 one plug that is all body harness
2 one that is all motor
3 one that is all motor

now we can hope that the 4 plugs that connect directly to your engine a re in good shape but from the sounnds of it they are cut

if thats the case wwe can work with that

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty much the Plugs that go to the Engine from the ECU are cutt..............the wiring harness is pretty much useless..................I bought a uncutt body harness and a uncutt engine harness. No way I was going to figure out all the wiring crap! I just want to drive this thing come spring time!

Well it was cutt in multiple places. Its like in japan they just took a cutting torch around the engine bay and pulled the motor out!

Luke

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
... so you dont need any info anymore?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts