MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good information is never dead.
I hate photobucket. The advertising, the viruses, the gunk.
Very true! I am just glad the original poster is still active on here and was able to re-post the images!

I hate photo bucket too...absolutely ridiculous with what they did.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Pics are gone again.

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,111 Posts
I wish I knew how to get these pictures back, they were very helpful. There are basically 5 ground in the engine bay. The big one that goes from the transmission bell housing bolt to the drivers side transmission body mount is the most important. There is also a small one that goes from the transmission to the body that I can't quite figure out how it's useful. There is another important ground that goes from the passenger back side of the head next to the intake manifold to the passenger strut tower. The last two grounds I have read are only there to prevent uneven paint fade and they're on the two access panels on each side of the engine bay lid.

I'll try to find or take pictures of these grounds myself, I wish the factory service manual told you exactly where they went.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Could also use these right now 🤔
I wish I knew how to get these pictures back, they were very helpful. There are basically 5 ground in the engine bay. The big one that goes from the transmission bell housing bolt to the drivers side transmission body mount is the most important. There is also a small one that goes from the transmission to the body that I can't quite figure out how it's useful. There is another important ground that goes from the passenger back side of the head next to the intake manifold to the passenger strut tower. The last two grounds I have read are only there to prevent uneven paint fade and they're on the two access panels on each side of the engine bay lid.

I'll try to find or take pictures of these grounds myself, I wish the factory service manual told you exactly where they went.
I have reposted all the pics here:

If anyone needs any other pics forensically restored, I will provide this service at $2 per pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok what pics do you want. I'll take a look to see if it's doable. Some can, some no can.
1) Where on bell housing does this main ground connect
2) ground off main engine harness location
3)fuel pump and injector resistor mounting points
4)And last noise silencer mounting point

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
1) Where on bell housing does this main ground connect
2) ground off main engine harness location
3)fuel pump and injector resistor mounting points
4)And last noise silencer mounting point
Ok I have some tricks up my sleeve but I am not psychic. Do these pics occur in a specific post or thread? Link the post or thread with the missing pic.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts