MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These pics are BIG I know but it should help make it clear as to where these go.

STICKY material IMO.

This ground goes from the back of the head to the passenger side strut tower. This is the same ground shown from the 2 ends.

Here is the intake manifold ground. There is a small tab that comes off the brace that it bolts to. 10mm bolt is used iirc.

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
OK, I have to ask, did you somehow travel back in time to take those pictures, or did you go down to the toyota parts counter and say "I want one of everything"... that is the cleanest AND most OEM looking engine bay I have ever seen. Looks like a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA, well I tried to make the engine look as clean and new as possible.

I just got done doing a n/a ---> T swap and I clean everything!!!!! Tons of parts are new also.

I needed pics of some of these gounds since I let my swap sit for about 6 months. Noone had them so I thought I'd make em for the next guy.

The pics actually turned out pretty well considering I used my iphone.

I think this should be a "sticky" personally.

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
FKSSAKE said:
Hi, why do the sail panels need a ground?
I thought I remember one of the body/paint experts on here mentioning it had to do with proper paint fade... I claim no knowledge on if that comment is correct or not but that is just what I remember reading a long time ago

G

·
Dude, loving your work! that's super clean and great pics.

From memory there is also one from the loom to the inlet mani that bolts on just between runner two and three on the underside of the mani. If you could add that one in also it would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm only running the big transmission ground and nothing else. I find it weird that people have grounding problems and I only run one ground and never had a problem doing so.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Would it be possible to take a pic of the ground for intake mani? I am having trouble to find a picture... I tried to put it on one of the intake mani studs but it wouldn't fit and it would only go in the middle.

Thanks for all the pics btw!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
FKSSAKE said:
Hi, why do the sail panels need a ground?
i was taught in class that air moving over a cars body causes friction thus creating a static energy and if body panels aren't grounded properly they rust. not sure if this is still true but if you look at old muscle cars most of their hoods have big grounds since the hinges were not enough of a ground to prevent the issue.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts