MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has used this EMS and what kind of results there has been? Does it come factory programmed with any engine start up? Any information would be appreciated. thanks

Aaron [email protected]

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I am using it, see my signiture below.

It comes setup for the gen 3 engine with a base map supplied, ive heard you can get them for gen 1/2 but they are really rare.

Graeme

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car is a 91, if i buy factory direct it is still going to be only 93 base map? Also where you about to eleminate your afm with this unit?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I got 91T USDM with AP Engineering Apexi Power FC installed. To install this AP Eng. PFC into 91-92T properly, you will need:
-Rewire some of ECU harness wires
-Rewire/install Intake Air Temperature or IAT sensor (It's the one that attached to the engine lid).
-Buy a Gen3 Manifold Air Temperature or MAT sensor and install it in the intake manifold where the cold-start injector is (Replace cold-start injector with MAT sensor).
-And optional Gen3 Manifold Absolute Pressure or MAP sensor if you want to boost beyond ___ psi. <-- Fill in the blank...I'm not too sure how much the stock MAP sensor from Gen2 USDM can take up to.
(Thanks for-mrlaws, rhouck, flapstar, and other board members for sharing these info)

Yes, you can get ridded of AFM with this setup without any problem.

(I'm selling my FC-Datalogit...click under my siggy) <-- lol

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually have a gen 2 dsm motor in my car, what would be needed for install? also i have to ask are those shuk rims you have on your 2? thanks for the info.

Aaron.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
They aren't shuk. They are Volk Racing GT.

Are you saying that you have DSM - Diamond Star Motor in your 91T?!? :confused:

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oppse not sure what i was thinking jdm ill slap myself for typing that lol if you get a sec go to www.vtrides.com im not sure what page im on but i have the only mr2 on the site 1-4 in vt that i know of. lmk what you think.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Oh... You were trying to say JDM. I went that site and saw your car already, your car looks nice and clean man and I love this part the most:
Interior:
new ashtray (lol) <--haha

Back to PFC, I am not sure that if the regular (gen3) PFC will work on your car. But the AP Engineering Apexi Power FC is designed and should be pluged and played for your JDM Gen2 3S-GTE motor (-no ECU harness rewire needed-) and if you want to get ridded of AFM use those sensors I mentioned above and you'll be fine. Normally PFC has a base map to start up the car and runable to dyno.

Email me if you really want to get more information on how to install those sensors.

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only an mr2 enthusiast can appreciate a new ashtray. Where would i be able to find the ap model? all i see for sale is the pfc for gen 3? i appreciate all your help.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Look in the eBay, I saw many AP Eng. PFCs listed in there very offen but most of the time they are used. There is one seller in there selling AP Eng new.

I'll give you some other links whenever I got home.

JDMR2TT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts