MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
The high priced Harbor Freight cordless tools are rip offs IMO. I picked up a 1/2" Milwaukee M18 FUEL impact with a 5 Ahr batt for ~$180 shipped a few months ago. That thing is a beast, 1400 ft-lbs and I've zipped off hundreds of fasteners and still haven't used up 25% of a single charge!

But I generally prefer the M18 FUEL impact driver with a 1/4" hex for zipping off most fasteners on cars. You can toss on any size socket drive via adapters, and it does up to ~167 ft-lbs and is fast as hell. It also lasts forever on one charge and is very compact.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
The high priced Harbor Freight cordless tools are rip offs IMO. I picked up a 1/2" Milwaukee M18 FUEL impact with a 5 Ahr batt for ~$180 shipped a few months ago. That thing is a beast, 1400 ft-lbs and I've zipped off hundreds of fasteners and still haven't used up 25% of a single charge!
Where did you find it that cheap? I do have and love my 1/2" fuel impact but it was no where near that cheap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Where did you find it that cheap? I do have and love my 1/2" fuel impact but it was no where near that cheap.
I was watching it for a little while, and it went on sale with a free 5 Ahr batt for that price. It was from here:

https://www.toolnut.com/milwaukee-2767-20-m18-fuel-high-torque-1-2-impact-wrench-with-friction-ring-tool-only.html

Looks like the same deal is $209 shipped now, which isn't bad, but I'd say it's close to the "usual sale price."

I also paid $379 shipped for the M18 FUEL drill and impact driver with a total of three 5 Ahr batteries, which is total overkill given how long they last (can't say the same for my Craftsman stuff!), but at least I'm stocked for batteries for a long time. The FUEL drill is also a freaking beast. It'll rip your hand off if you don't have the extra handle installed and it grabs on something... hah

Home Depot has some pretty smoking Milwaukee deals too, being their big distributor, but the 10% sales tax usually kills most deals. Plus if they're really juicy, the stores sell out immediately.

I will say I'm totally happy with the tools. I had a bunch of Craftsman C3 stuff that I purchased over the years, but the LiIon batteries and/or motors in most the stuff was starting to wear out. The impact would only zip off a lug nut if it was fully charged, whereas the 1/4" hex impact driver Milwaukee will zip off 100 ft-lb lug nuts instantly. It's like a Star Wars blaster for nuts and bolts... hah

·
1994 SMG N/A
3,159 Posts
I have the Makita XWT08T and even on the lowest setting it was able to pull off crank pulley bolts without a sweat. On the higher settings it actually snaps your wrist a bit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts