MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,413 Posts
It doesn't look like the are still available. I even checked Eibach's corporate website and they don't have a listing anymore.

Why Eibach specifically?
On MK1s with stock springs Eibachs seem to actually lift the car slightly or make no difference because the stock factory springs are so worn out from age. Eibachs were pretty much the least aggressive springs available for the MK1.

· Registered
9,413 Posts
FWIW Here are side by side shots of stock vs eibach springs. Front and rear.

I can confirm that these do not seem to drop the car much.
View attachment 84225
View attachment 84224
The problem with the Eibachs is they were only supposed to drop the car maybe .5 inch but when you compare them to 800 year old worn out factory springs they don't. The Eibachs are good but the factory ones are just so worn they sag and the car sits lower than it is supposed to be bc of the old springs. Compared to stock fresh factory springs the Eibach will drop the car, some.

· Administrator
5,947 Posts
There's nothing wrong with saggy factory springs. As long as they're not broken or bent, it's fine to keep them and inherit the benefits of a 'naturally' lowered car.

I've seen at least 2 owners over the years take a fit when they mounted Pro-Kits that actually raised the car a bit - funny to watch the meltdown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts