MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
The framework is there but its not tied together yet :/ Deff seems to be on the developers radar though if your read there forums you will have a better idea on were everything is at. Soon but not to soon from the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The framework is there but its not tied together yet :/ Deff seems to be on the developers radar though if your read there forums you will have a better idea on were everything is at. Soon but not to soon from the looks of it.
From the looks of it sounds like theyve been saying this for about a year now.:confused: Along with the bt capability, makes me wonder as to how things are ran at ecumaster. Just makes me weary to commit to a system then if support is needed ATS is left there holding it all together. Just my .02, maybe you guys who've dealt with ecumaster or currently have the system can chime in and ease my concerns.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
They are the most regularly updated ECU and free I have seen they have been contently updating the product with new features and fixes. The release new test versions monthly it seems check it out here http://www.ecumaster.com/testVersions.html. Red the logs also the forums have a lot of info on current status.

I am happy with mine so far deff would love autotune to be done by now but end of the day I want best tune results ATS is going to be best bet for me on that aspect.

It is a growing ECU for sure, but more an more are getting on board so its looking very promising! But like anything you never know.

Forums- http://forum.ecumaster.com/index.php

Autotune status- http://forum.ecumaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=405&hilit=autotune

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
They are the most regularly updated ECU and free I have seen they have been contently updating the product with new features and fixes. The release new test versions monthly it seems check it out here http://www.ecumaster.com/testVersions.html. Red the logs also the forums have a lot of info on current status.

I am happy with mine so far deff would love autotune to be done by now but end of the day I want best tune results ATS is going to be best bet for me on that aspect.

It is a growing ECU for sure, but more an more are getting on board so its looking very promising! But like anything you never know.

Forums- http://forum.ecumaster.com/index.php

Autotune status- http://forum.ecumaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=405&hilit=autotune
IMHO too many firmware upgrades too quickly.

being a beta tester isn't my thing. 20+ firmware upgrades in the last 4 months....

get it right, release product... seems simple enough

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
IMHO too many firmware upgrades too quickly.

being a beta tester isn't my thing. 20+ firmware upgrades in the last 4 months....

get it right, release product... seems simple enough
To each their own. That mentality is what had the AEM V1 around for WAY too many years.

I really like companies that release updates on a regular basis. Leads to a better product.

Nothing says you have to use the latest version of any product (people complain about PTE updating turbos on a monthly basis as well for example), it just means you have the option to.

A better product being out doesn't make the older one any worse.

That said, I would not buy something based on what might or might not happen in the future with it.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
To each their own. That mentality is what had the AEM V1 around for WAY too many years.

I really like companies that release updates on a regular basis. Leads to a better product.

Nothing says you have to use the latest version of any product (people complain about PTE updating turbos on a monthly basis as well for example), it just means you have the option to.

A better product being out doesn't make the older one any worse.

That said, I would not buy something based on what might or might not happen in the future with it.
firmware upgrade V1.09 -- adds new feature
firmware upgrade V1.10 -- fixes glitches from previous upgrade
firmware upgrade V1.11 -- fixes glitches from previous upgrade
firmware upgrade V1.12 -- fixes more glitches
firmware upgrade V1.13 -- corrects some issues

and on and on and on. no reason to have 20+ firmware upgrades within 4 months... 90% or more just to fix "issues"

but yeah... on paper it looks good but i'd rather buy a MSPNP as the glitches that units has is a known quantity

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts

and on and on and on. no reason to have 20+ firmware upgrades within 4 months... 90% or more just to fix "issues"

but yeah... on paper it looks good but i'd rather buy a MSPNP as the glitches that units has is a known quantity
Eh, part of the process. If a company waits until all the glitches are worked out, then nothing exciting ever happens. They are always too scared to try something new.

Case in point, AEM V1. Although it had it's share of issues and about 5 other ECU's as well.

·
I <3 E85
6,057 Posts

Well, with my MSPNP I couldn't rev past 6300rpm. Now I can. :p

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Eh, part of the process. If a company waits until all the glitches are worked out, then nothing exciting ever happens. They are always too scared to try something new.

Case in point, AEM V1. Although it had it's share of issues and about 5 other ECU's as well.
____ ME RUNNING!!!

that's what i'm doing wrong.... selling products that are good to go. i should just sell untested and unproven ____ so i can get somewhere!

instead i keep deep 6ing projects until i get it right... i'm such a idiot

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
____ ME RUNNING!!!

that's what i'm doing wrong.... selling products that are good to go. i should just sell untested and unproven ____ so i can get somewhere!

instead i keep deep 6ing projects until i get it right... i'm such a idiot
I don't care about the ecu master itself BTW. Personally it would be a toss up between a ProEFI, vipec or ECUmaster due to it's lower price point.

I am talking about in general. Companies that never take chances and try to push things forward end up just stagnating. The ones that take the risks are the ones that push things forward.

For example, Garret vs PTE. Garret has been left behind so far they can hardly hope to catch up to PTE from a performance aspect all because they just did what worked and never tried anything new.

PTE did and sure there were growing pains at first but now they have the best preforming turbos on the market (save for possibly the EFR). That would never have happened if they had not taken chances and made mistakes along the way.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

ECU master does not have 20+ updates the link i posted are all test versions meaning they are loads of updates for those who want the latest options. For most end users ECUmaster recommends you download the latest production version so you don't get any bugs or issues. The have released less then 4 updates to the production version. Once they finish testing everything they release the full version to everyone.

I like that ecu master is open about there development and production unlike most bigger companies. That's me though. This helps find bugs and test faster when more people can post up and state an issue. Everyone gets what they want! Ecumaster seems to have an awesome "open source" almost mentality. I don't see anything wrong with it. Its cool you can talk with the developers whenever you have an idea!

I don't feel its an accurate statement to say they have 20+ updates though. They are just open about development unlike most other companies. There production versions are here http://ecumasterusa.com/tech-info/ and are bug free and work great for anyone who wants bug free software.

I am bias though and own an ECU master so that's me.

·
I <3 E85
6,057 Posts
but for how long? pretty sure you just plugged in the unit and it worked flawlessly out of the gate right?
Other than messy trigger signals (which I was getting on a ROM tune and an MSPNP as well), it worked just fine. The latest firmware's noise filtering was good enough to bandaid that problem as well, until I replace the dizzy wiring (or whatever is actually causing that problem).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Anyone have this on a gen4? What are your impressions? Im not a tuner and dont have access to dyno and with my travel schedule makes it difficult even get my car in somewhere, so auto tune is something this was up my alley.

I came from dsm world and had the privilege of dsmlink. The support there was out of this world! Which if there was a way to install dsmlink on my gen4 I'd do it in a heartbeat. Dsmlinks autotune was the support from the devs and the community, you'd post up a log and people would tell/help you to tune your car, this is what made dsmlink with every penny, and what I believe so many dsms still some of the fastest cars out there, the community keeps helping each other to move and progress forward.

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
I like that ecu master is open about there development and production unlike most bigger companies. That's me though. This helps find bugs and test faster when more people can post up and state an issue. Everyone gets what they want! Ecumaster seems to have an awesome "open source" almost mentality. I don't see anything wrong with it. Its cool you can talk with the developers whenever you have an idea!
Ditto^ I so wish that more companies were like this.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
ECU master does not have 20+ updates the link i posted are all test versions meaning they are loads of updates for those who want the latest options. For most end users ECUmaster recommends you download the latest production version so you don't get any bugs or issues. The have released less then 4 updates to the production version. Once they finish testing everything they release the full version to everyone.
I am glad that you have clued into the fact that Josh at Chico Race Works is attempted to bend the truth to attempt to skew customers away from the ECUMaster product.

Test software is just that..a test. duh.

My 800whp MR2 is still running/driving on the software that was available last summer.

Aaron

·
Registered
20,021 Posts

I don't feel its an accurate statement to say they have 20+ updates though. They are just open about development unlike most other companies. There production versions are here http://ecumasterusa.com/tech-info/ and are bug free and work great for anyone who wants bug free software.

I am bias though and own an ECU master so that's me.
I bought 2 ecu master for customers. .. you'd think i would have a bias as well.... do now after dealing with them hence my move to a more reliable platform.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts