MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EMU=Engine Management Unit, this replaces your existing ECU, and will work with all toyota sensors, except the Gen2 IAT which will need to be replaced with a GM fast response sensor like every other AM ECU. We have that as an option including the sensor, connector, pigtail, and cold start injector mounting plate.

The EMU has a very user-friendly interface, and my favorite part, Plug it in and it just works. USB connection simple and just works every time.

Flex Fuel capability (just add sensor). Blends: Cranking Fuel, WUE, ASE, VE table, Timing Tables, Boost tables. The cranking, WUE, and ASE are critical for smooth starting when running various blends of Ethanol/Gasoline. If you just want to do it the old fashioned way, you can have 2 switchable maps, one for E85, one for pump gas etc...

Built-in wideband controller, just add LSU 4.2 sensor and connector. 2 dedicated Flat Response Knock sensor inputs (Modern Toyota Knock sensors). 2 Dedicated EGT inputs.

The PNP adapter already has speed sensor input, so you can easily setup boost by gear, by speed, and RPM, as well as trim boost by IAT or EGT.

It also has cool features you will never use but are cool to play with, Pit limiter, Launch control (2-step), anti-lag, drive by wire, dual VVTi control (if you want to run a Beams head).

Boost control is PNP, just connect the solenoid pigtail to your T-VSV connector, connect 2 vaccum lines to WG and boost source, and enable boost control in software. Boost control is either closed loop (PID) or open loop.

The base unit includes the ECU with all features accessible (no extra fee to unlock anything, you can choose to use your own flex fuel, wideband, boost control solenoid etc... or get them through us.

The Manufacturer has been fantastic while testing this unit, and anything we have asked for is updated in the firmware in a few days.

Bluetooth adapter, this will connect to the EMU, and allow you to use any android/bluetooth device with the ECUMaster app (App in development) and you will have a cool dash output. I'll post screenshots when I have them. Eventually the app will allow 2 way communication with the EMU...

Scott

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Cool. You indicate that it works with all Toyota sensors but your website implies that you need a Donut-style flat response knock sensor (kit available).

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
Wow, very impressive. This is really an interesting option for sure. How user friendly is it to the self tuner?

·
Registered
244 Posts
So it looks like this is your answer for MSPNP not coming through with a truely functional flex fuel setup. Looks awesome. As far as widebands I assume this will be compatible with the AEM failsafe wideband? Nice work!

p.s. - will this shelf any further work on ROM tunes (ie E85)?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RickyB said:
Cool. You indicate that it works with all Toyota sensors but your website implies that you need a Donut-style flat response knock sensor (kit available).
You got me there. It does not work with the stock knock sensor, or the AFM, or the stock gen2 "MAP" sensors.

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
ATS_Scott said:
You got me there. It does not work with the stock knock sensor, or the AFM, or the stock gen2 "MAP" sensors.
Still, an $1050 solution that has true knock response is much better than the PowerFC and MS2PNP that at best play lip service to knock detection.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daddyzcar said:
So it looks like this is your answer for MSPNP not coming through with a truely functional flex fuel setup. Looks awesome. As far as widebands I assume this will be compatible with the AEM failsafe wideband? Nice work!

p.s. - will this shelf any further work on ROM tunes (ie E85)?
If the AEM Failsafe has an analog 0-5v output, then yes.

The ROM tune E85 is in the works, but we do not have an ETA currently.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fool83 said:
It sounds interesting? Any videos of it in action?
I think Aaron shot a video of me messing with the 2 step. It needed more configuration, I just turned it on to see if it worked. It's through a stock cat, so I'm hesitant to do it again... ;-)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already have it with 2grfe in mr2 - 305HP 370Nm on the fly, it's fully work with 2gr electronic throttle.
Great stuff
Kuba,
Thanks for posting here even if you are running a V6. ;-)

Gen4 3SGTE/Beams 3SGE single VVTi Adapters are in the works!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a screen shot of the latest software.

One neat thing I have not yet mentioned about the software is the save table feature. Notice the "save" icon on top left of each table. You can save any table individually and upload them to any other calibration. For example, if you do a lot of tuning on multiple cars and they all use ID2000 injectors. You only have to enter the info once, and save the injector calibration data. The next time you are tuning a car with ID2000's just open the injector calibration you saved, and done. For simple things like injector calibration, I'll probably start a user accessible library for EMU owners to download.

Also notice the tabs at the top of the screen. You have 7 configurable tabs for all your EMU tables. It makes switching from timing to fuel tuning or cold start, or WU enrichment etc... easy, as long as you remember where you left the tables. You can open any table in any tab.

Scott

1 - 20 of 199 Posts