MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get my idle to stay put for a few days now, sorted out some false trigger issues, no starts etc. This is my only issue left, I am hoping to get some help with adjusting the idle so I can at least drive the car.

Here is what my log looks like:

I adjusted the Idle Ref table a bit and got it to idle for 3 seconds or so at 1900-2000 RPM, but then it just continues to surge.

I've reached out to Scott at ATS, but he may be out for the weekend and I posted on the company's forum, but it doesn't hurt to try every resource I have...any help would be awesome. TIA!

FYI - I have already gone through ATS' setup instructions a few times just to make sure.

·
I <3 E85
6,057 Posts
I may have had the exact same problem- some firmware revisions have problems with idle air control between 49% and 51% duty cycle (if I recall correctly). Scott hooked me up with new firmware and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's your setup like JLee? I am just about to put up a build thread now that the car is nearly finished, wondering what you're running.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Just so everybody will know what to look for in the future, here is another look at Luis's log. His EMU is just hitting fuel cut because rpm is too high from either Throttle body adjustment or air leak. Luis already checked for boost leaks previously, so he's going to close the throttle plate slightly with the throttle stop (ford style TB) until RPM is reasonable. Then he can connect the stock IACV back to the EMU and adjust idle from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Yessir. Going to give it another go tonight and see if I can lower that a bit, thanks a lot for your help Scott! Good to keep this for reference :)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
This is a common problem that can happen with all EMSes before you have a chance to dial in the idle. If your idle is bouncing around the fuel cut RPM, then that's an indication it's getting WAY too much air to idle properly.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posting this since I fixed the problem: IACV was letting in too much air, even after adjusting the throttle body. Solution - plugged the IACV, car idles at 1100 now.

·
I <3 E85
6,057 Posts
What's your setup like JLee? I am just about to put up a build thread now that the car is nearly finished, wondering what you're running.
JDM Gen2 3SGTE
Cometic MLS head gasket
ARP head studs
Wiseco 86.5mm pistons
Stock rods
Gen3 cams
Clutchmasters FX500
CRW axle cages
ATS GT3071 kit
Walbro 255
ATS top feed rail, fuel line, 1200cc injectors
ECU Master EMU