MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,255 Posts
micahwc said:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html

A lot of good stuff here if anyone is interested in aeromods. Most of it relates to increasing your gas mileage through aerodynamic modifications, but I figure these mods could also be geared for performance.
I can't go on that forum. Their promotion of idiotic driving behavior to save a couple MPG sends me into a homicidal rage. Too bad because some of the other stuff they do is cool.
 

·
Don't mess with Texas
Joined
·
19,880 Posts
yoshimitsuspeed said:
I can't go on that forum. Their promotion of idiotic driving behavior to save a couple MPG sends me into a homicidal rage. Too bad because some of the other stuff they do is cool.
LOL, but true. While yes a lot of your MPG will be determined by your driving habits. Getting that last little bit goes from driving sensibly to moronic and even dangerous.

Personally I say screw it, I am gonna enjoy my drive even if it costs a little more. I don't drink coffee so I figure I need to make up for it someplace.
 

·
Don't mess with Texas
Joined
·
19,880 Posts
Apokryphos said:
i give you,
the boattail!
So spend hundreds of dollars in bodywork to save pennies at the gas pump?

Makes total sense!

Plus you get to be seen in that amazing work of art when pulling into work. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't the boattail also get like 75mpg? Also, I wasn't suggesting the site for its driving tips. The aero mods work regardless of how you are driving. They are passive. And I figure that if they work to increase gas mileage through decreasing wind resistance, that they could also work to increase performance for the same reasons.
 

·
Don't mess with Texas
Joined
·
19,880 Posts
It does bring up a point, while the boat tail is butt ugly, I wounder what kind of effect it does make on drag/downforce. Would have to be a ton to even remotely justify it and even then only as a lemon racer honestly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,255 Posts
micahwc said:
Doesn't the boattail also get like 75mpg? Also, I wasn't suggesting the site for its driving tips. The aero mods work regardless of how you are driving.
I realize that but just being around that mentality is enough to make me blow a fuse. There are too many people on there who get upset about other drivers riding their ass when they are doing 10 under or people trying to justify to you why it's acceptable to drive 10 under with a line of 20 cars backed up behind them. The only way I can avoid trying to punch them in the face through my monitor is to pretend they don't exist.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,255 Posts
Texas_Ace said:
It does bring up a point, while the boat tail is butt ugly, I wounder what kind of effect it does make on drag/downforce. Would have to be a ton to even remotely justify it and even then only as a lemon racer honestly.
I don't remember the exact details as it was a long time ago that I read about that car and he may have made improvements since then but I do seem to remember that car got extremely great gas mileage. It shouldn't be hard to find if you dare to venture onto the forum.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top