MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short

Bought a new genuine walbro fuel pump 400lph e85 compatible with install kit, or at least advertise on eBay part number f90000267. According to the part number, which was what I was going by, that was the 416lph pump that is in fact a e85 pump. Got the pump in the mail and When I checked the number on the fuel pump itself it was just the f90000262 which was the 400lph non e85 pump. Stupid thing is on the box and invoice it is listed as a f90000267 which is the pump I was suppose to get! Pretty much I got ripped off and just to let other people to double check there stuff when they buy it from eBay. This is the first time that I actually ripped off on ebay. I am going to open a dispute if the seller will not fully refund money without restocking fees.

To sum it up, they sold me the f90000267 e85 box with the f90000262 non e85 pump in it.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Yep, that is the downside to trying to save a bit! Most are also not authorized dealers on there. If you are still looking for a legit pump shoot shocker2 on here a PM. He is a vendor for Dynosty and got me a good price.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No wires just connectors. The 400 walbro only have connectors and the 416 pump has wire coming of the pump. If the first pump I got had a install kit with it, I would of never new that it wasn't the 416 pump as I would of just installed and go. I guess lucky the pump I first got didn't have the install kit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm guessing it wasn't a vendor, and just a private seller. There's an authorized dealer out of Florida who sells on eBay and I've bough 3 416's from his so far, no issues. I think they're like $130.

What do you mean by the install kit? The 400's don't come with a kit? Isn't the kit pretty much just a filter and a worm gear clamp?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The install kit comes with the fuel line, clamps, strainer, and the male female electrical plug. Anyways I contacted the seller And I am currently in the process of exchanging the fuel pump to the 416

1 - 6 of 6 Posts