MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a new radiator for the 2. Of course the best option is to go Mishimoto due to quality. But I've been looking at the $1XX Ebay Radiators. Does anyone have experience with them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 100.00 aluminum radiator from eBay. It was bigger than the stock 5sfe radiator cause it was for the 3sgte. I had to remove the stock cooling fans because they cannot mount onto the eBay rads. I bought 2 generic cooling fans from advance and attached them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
X2 bought the ebay unit pressure tested it and installed it. It is wider for the 3S but works. A little trickary with the mounting tabs for the fans but still works.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have a Mishimoto, and it was not an easy thing to fit it at all. You probably got quite a deal there. If it fails for any reason, please let us all know.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
i have a mishimoto installed it a few weeks back again since after 8 years my first mishimoto started to leak but they warranty it with no hassles and it was easy to install with no issues
another good option is to contact campos he sells a nice kits with shroud and fans at a good price

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
We buy the radiators from ebay for barely over $100. The fans do not bolt right up, but if you ream out the bottom 2 mounting holes and play with the top hole just a bit, the fans bolt right on. It adds about 10 minutes to the install, if that. We have installed a bunch of them over the past year without issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks guys. I ended up getting a used one for $40 from a local owner whose parting his out. I'm going to save and invest in a mishimoto due to the warranty. Unless eBay has the same warranty :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bump to see how these eBay $120 +/- radiators are holding up. My cooling system is fine, I'm just thinking of doing the swap since it's bare aluminum vs stock black so it'll look cooler :)

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Always better off with the OEM radiator, I wouldn't replace mine with an aftermarket one. That being said sure they hold up fine just like any other, where you run into trouble is fitment and usually there isn't a bleed port at the top like there is on the OEM radiator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts