MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
its a cool lookin spoiler but i dont like the actual add on if it was a center replacement and 1 peice then i would consider getting it
i dunno to me add ons just look cheap
tim

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
ok...i was just look at that and tought about something.....what if you get....take the STOCK spoiler off.....and JUST put that one in the middle.....i think that would look soooooo nice....and smooothe too.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
MRwd-2 said:
ok...i was just look at that and tought about something.....what if you get....take the STOCK spoiler off.....and JUST put that one in the middle.....i think that would look soooooo nice....and smooothe too.
... from some angles, but if it's an add on, it'll have the space that lines up with the stock sides and without the stock sides, it'll just be a flat cut off which I don't think looks right. I'm currently running around with just the mid section stock 3-piece wing on and it looks sorta funky from some angles, but not too bad overall, just sorta incomplete.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
m0yb0y said:
I'm currently running around with just the mid section stock 3-piece wing on and it looks sorta funky from some angles, but not too bad overall, just sorta incomplete.
...because it is incomplete. LOL

Do you have any pictures by the way?

·
Registered
740 Posts
MRQturbo said:
it would look ten times better if that piece was moulded on.....
I agree.
I have always had the oppinion that MR cars need to have a longer rear, like the NSX. The MR2 seems to be lacking in this area. For that reason, I like wings that extend out the rear of the car a bit more, such as the aeroware, or east bear.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Agile said:
...because it is incomplete. LOL

Do you have any pictures by the way?
I'll get one when I get the chance. I was going to mold the side pieces to the rear but I think I'm gonna try using the Lotus Esprite wing first since the holes are already filled and see how that turns out. After it's mounted, painted and a bunch of pics taken, I'll probably go with my aeroware wing with molded side pieces.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
m0yb0y said:
I'll get one when I get the chance. I was going to mold the side pieces to the rear but I think I'm gonna try using the Lotus Esprite wing first since the holes are already filled and see how that turns out. After it's mounted, painted and a bunch of pics taken, I'll probably go with my aeroware wing with molded side pieces.

What?! No, the Esprit is my idea. :( I just can't find one anywhere. If you have better luck than me, hook-a-brotha-up. Since I couldn't find it one I was planning on buying a new center piece that looks stockish but it raised and more edgy. ...I think it might be aeroware infact. ...Seems like we share tastes.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Lol, I think we have too many things in common. The Aeroware wing is the center piece that is slightly raised and sticks out more but very suttle. there's an Autopista wing that's higher and and edgey and then there's another wing that's even higher than that like an F40 style but slightly rounder. I had a post on the old boards about the Lotus Esprite wing but everyone was against it sooo, I figure I'd throw it on and see what the results would be. Here's a pic of my turbo next to an Esprite If only I had time to unbolt the wing :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts