MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
tilma800 said:
You could register at the forum of www.mr2club.nl and post a message there when you come to the Netherlands.
It's free (like here) and there are some drivers from Rotterdam there.
I just registered but reading dutch for me is hard. I can speak it ok but I am terrible at reading it
:eek:

·
Registered
400 Posts
So, now is the time to learn :evillaugh

You could just post there in English if you have a problem or want to know something. That's no problem. :angel:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi there,

I ain't Dutch, though I got some friends there. I got a question, one of the mr2.nl members, jpmr2 is known of using SMT6i in his MR2. Anyone else? I'm looking for a map that I could start with.
SMT6i fitted to 1991 3SGE.

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
@hwojtek,

Hi I'am JPMR2 :smile:

90% of the Dutch MR2's with a SMT6 are installed by me. I also have all the tune maps of these cars.

It's no problem to send you one map but I can assure you that you can't use it....
Every engine runs different and every engine needs an other tune map. The only way to make this map is at a dyno and start from scratch. There is NO other way! If you start to experiment with all kinds of tune maps without having the car at the dyno a can assure you that you wil end up with a lot of problems..... and MR2 engines don't come cheap :smile:

General the 3S-GE engine runs very rich but I've also seen 3S-GE's which were running almost lean..
Last week I've installed a SMT6 at a 5S-FE engine. This engine runs very lean till 3600RPM ! You might have a car with an engine which runs lean and when you adjust the A/F the wrong way (or you use a map I've send you) your engine could start to detonate very heavy.

If you would like to have more information about the SMT6 pls. contact me at [email protected]

JPMR2

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sandra said:
a few years ago I participated in Club Netherlands guinness book of world records attempt I met about 160+ members. All very nice people & I got a really cool shirt out of the deal.
They have their own website http://www.mr2.nl/ You'll probably find more of them there.
I didn't see you ?? What # car was you in ?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts