MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking randomly through ebay at MR2 items (stupid wallet demon) and saw this body kit made by "Duraflex" supposedly the material i sa mix of fiberglass and a urethane plastic for less cracking... anyone heard anything on it?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Yes and no, there are resin systems that do add flex to fiberglass.
Polyurethane, Vinylester, and polyester are all resin systems that bonds to fiberglass.

But in order to understand the limits of any of them you need to know how they work.
But many times they just make up names to make it sound good, as such you cant all them a marketing scam. But they aint new or revolutionary either, which they try to make em sound like.

If you going to impress me, lets see hybrid composites!!!

T

·
Registered
603 Posts
i remember seeing a new material sorta floating around for bodykit making. i forgot who it was that is really doing it, but i remember one of my friends show up with extremely high quality replica kits, no prepping needed, that are harder than urethane, but flexible like urethane.

again, i don't remember what company made these. he did not have to prep them to make it look perfect, kinda weird.

-john

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Extreme Dimensions bodykits supposedly use "Duraflex." I have a sheet describing exactly what it is, if you really want I can photocopy it and post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts