MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have a route that Street and Trips insists can be done in 6 hours, not including stops.

There are several ways to get between SJ and SC, but I would recommend getting off 17, as that can get crowded fairly easily.

I'd say we should meet at the Chevron just before the Yolo Causeway (W. Capital Ave.) at 5:30 A.M to avoid any traffic.

Seriously, though, if we meet up at eight and get rolling soon after, we might be able to have lunch at Half Moon Bay.

This is form Spyderchat!!!!!
http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=28430

·
<--- Scott, oh...
5,715 Posts
Map from Spyderchat...

Looks like a pretty good tour around the bay. I don't know if I'd want to start out in Sacramento...

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
I'd like to go.. nothing planned for that weekend as far as I know. If it starts in West Sac.. hell.. hard to resist.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
anybody remember the Feb 04 run... that went to SC from Union city using crazy little mountain roads for much of it.... That was fun.

Unfortunately I'm always at work during any of these. I work weekend AMs.

One of these times we'll have to have a drive/run that starts in the PM (maybe after daylight savings for more daylight)

Marco

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sounds interesting... The Feb 5 is Cammy and my 1 year anniversary (going out.. not married). We have the whole weekend off, and I think this would be an awesome way to start it off. I'll talk to her and see if she agrees (we're taking her mr2 since my suspension is all crappy). Thanks for forwarding this from spyderchat.

Have an address for the starting point?

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you guys link to the spyder chat site there is a text map posted by jglaze. I can vouch that if we take that route the drive will be VERY spirited. I did a group drive on that route in nov. and one guy in our group was pullin close to a G in the twisties. check it out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Perhaps you can have designated stops for others to join in? Just an idea. Ok to be more clear, I mean like have some predetermined places to stop to allow everyone to catch or use bathroom or whatever and post the places and general times so that others can meet up there to join for part of the drive if they want.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you plan a stop somewhere between concord and pleasanton I would like to join in for just the calaveras road part and head back up 680 after that. Although this seems to be a spyder run and not even many ppl on there are going soo... we should get more ppl from here :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
if my mr2 is fixed by then, i'm IN! and it should be!! wooo!!! but i'll be starting it in san jose, sorry dont feel like driving up to sac just to drive down hehe...

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Tryin to keep this thread going.

I posted a reply over at Spyderchat as well. Looks like we're still deciding on the route. There's a new post over there with an updated "planned" route that looks good to me. I'd like to see more interest in this drive.

Let's go Martha Fockers!

This looks a little more like a run :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts