MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a good condition gen 2 berk downpipe from the person who sold me my mr2 funny enough. All I got was the down pipe. Nothing else. I just ordered a turbo outlet gasket, 3 prong berk exhuats gasket for the b pipe/aftermarket exhaust, berk down pipe bracket, and I made an O2 sensor gasket since they are discontinued. My question is, is this all I need? No nuts or bolts or studs? Do I just reuse to oem ones? And if I do need some hardware, where can I get it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 6/7 nuts off the back of the back of the turbo where the down pipe bolts to. You can get new nuts or reuse the existing ones.

The lower 3 bolt flange. You would need to use new bolts and nuts.
What about the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What fitting type does that down pipe have? 2 studs or a large single hole? Or both?

I'm assuming I’ll have to re use the two studs for the O2 sensor and go to the hardware store and find three sets of nuts and bolts to hold the 3 flange downpipe exit onto the B pipe?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yes you will need 3 nuts and 3 bolts for the bottom flange. Maybe 3 spring washers too. What's the condition of your nuts on the turbo flange? Probably best to buy new OEM locking type or they might come loose.

If you are able to safely swap the O2 sensor studs over without breaking them and the nuts then that will work.

Quite often there is an aftermarket bracket that bolts to the lower flange and block to help brace the downpipe and exhust. I know this one has a flexy on it but you still want to brace it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes you will need 3 nuts and 3 bolts for the bottom flange. Maybe 3 spring washers too. What's the condition of your nuts on the turbo flange? Probably best to buy new OEM locking type or they might come loose.

If you are able to safely swap the O2 sensor studs over without breaking them and the nuts then that will work.

Quite often there is an aftermarket bracket that bolts to the lower flange and block to help brace the downpipe and exhust. I know this one has a flexy on it but you still want to brace it.
Awesome response, never fails to give me the info I need. I had ordered the stiffener bracket along with the gaskets yesterday. I’m going to the hardware store currently to get the 3 flange bolts I’ll need. Maybe some o2 sensor studs and nuts aswell. I did some recon in my car used pb blaster on every bolt I’ll need to remove. During the recon I saw that there’s a heat shield on the dp itself blocking me from seeing the condition of my turbo outlet flanges nuts. Do you happen to know what size they are so I can just go and buy 6 or 7 of them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts