MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i remove te door panels? the only see 2 screws where the cup handle is. do i just rip the panels off? help.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
take the window crank off first....

they make a 4 dollar tool that helps pull the pannel off. looks like a pitch fork. There are clips in the pannel you have to slowly lift the pannel from the door. poping each one of the clips off each time. otherwise you tear the pannel....

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Which year is your car? 85-86 and 87-89 panels are different setup. Both types have screws which secure the panel to the door. The screws on both type are hidden in the carpeted area of the panels.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
feel along the carpeted part. you will feel a couple holes. i think there is one near either end and perhaps near the middle.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
There are little white plastic plug in pieces sectioned around the door panal frame. You just have to run your hand under & pop then out one by one. Also did you remove the little cup thing in the armrest section? After that just roll down the window & push up & it comes right off. You can feel the screw hole on the surface though, there aren't many.

·
Shadetree mechanic
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lovely. thanks ron again. how do i do the timing again? my car shakes like crazy too i got it to stop back firing.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Also, take the cup out of the inside door handle as well. Those things are always broken because people forget. There are three screws at the bottom like 86AW11 says and another one on the middle/upper right side under the plastic cap that hides the screw. Once you break it loose from the clips around the edges like Sandra says, it will hang at the top and you just lift it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts