MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 85 aw11 and it has been hit on the passenger side door.
The body of the door itself is a little rippled. I don't really mind how it looks as I got the car dirt cheap. The issue though is that the window regulator is destroyed. (crank windows). I have the window held up by blocks of wood right now and theirs still a gap at the top. The window doesn't sit in the groove on the (B?) pillar. I know i'm best off finding a new door, but which door do I use? Can I use any year aw11? Were power windows an option for all years or standard at one point? I honestly wouldn't mind converting to power windows. Just trying to figure out my options. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The doors are the same. Only difference is the door cards. If you switch to power windows I know a place that sales switches that fit in your console under the radio that looks sweet. Don't use the stock junk build your own.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mk1a and mk1b are different between manual or power. The panel mounting points are in different places from a to b. I couldn't use all the plastic nuts to remount my door panels.I even had to relocate the plastic nuts. I had to use a 87 door on a 86 body booth we're manual windows. 84-86/differ significantly from 87-89. If you parked them next to one another and really looked them over you could find several non swappable differances in just the body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts