MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found my driver's side door to click after I open it for a while. I took a close look at it, I saw that the hinge actually moves once you go past a certain point. Is there anyway i can fix it?

thanks

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
one of mine does that same thing. I haven't looked at it in detail but I think probably a weld broke and doesn't hold it in place. It's more of a hard pop. I just don't open the door all of the way and it's fine. Too cold to do anything about it right now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine opens all the way, but you can see the hinge part inside is loose or soemthjing, that part on teh door just wiggles left and right. I will shoot a picture later

·
Registered
518 Posts
my driver side door does the same. i have had a body shop check it out, they said they can weld it back, but it wont do much good you gotta replace that whole hinge inside

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
My passenger door does that. I had a body shop weld the hinge so it didn't move but it still clicks. Its apparently inside the door.

·
Registered
258 Posts
How to fix this guys? My drivers door will do this if opened far enough, and it's not a pleasant sound, in fact, it's very annoying! ;) Anybody have a write-up on how to fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you might have to remove the fender and reweld it, its not an easy $15 fix like some people have said

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem on my 92 and I removed the front fender to take a look. The bracket is inside of the welded door frame and inaccessible. More disassembly is required and I'm not sure from where. I'm just not going to open the door all the way anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same problem with my passenger door. But since I don't sit there anyways, it rarely bugs me...t's only when I'm parked around lots of people that I wouldn't want to hear that loud POP! Besides that, lambo upgrade? j/p

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
some people drill them and put screws in, or rivits

·
Registered
74 Posts
This just happened on my driver side door today. The hinge that is attached to the chassis of the car is not secured anymore. It moves from side to side when the door is opened, but it sounds like the pop is coming from inside the door around the arm, and not the hinge connection. It looks like it's been tack welded before, so I'll try that and see if it stops it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts