MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body got a racing gearbox. I battle with dsms alot because they think they own the road. One of them got a dogmission that is geared for something 230mph and a 2.4l stroker motor. I have gotten beaten baddy(well my car is mildly modded) :mad: ,but i trying to keep the mr2 owning the road. Are there any dogmission out for the mr2 :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i take there isnt any racing gear boxes for a mr2

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
v-6mr2 said:
One of them got a dogmission that is geared for something 230mph ...)
wow, geared for 230 in a street car? be thankful your friend doesn't actually know what he's doing as far as gearing selection. with that kind of gearing, he's helping you more than he's helping himself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You want to spend several thousand dollars on a dog-engagment transmission... why exactly? It's not going to help you unless you're looking for tenths or hundreths of seconds improvment.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
or unless you would love to just hear the whine and the crunk along with open wg and 4" exhaust.

I want a dogbox. If anyone can make me some gears for less then like 3g

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
do you REALLY want to have to double-clutch every single downshift on the street? dog boxes don't have synchros. try to put it in 2nd from 3rd without double clutching and it'll just grind- unless you like the sound of gears grinding in addition to your open WG. people won't think you're cool, they'll just think you don't know how to drive a stick..

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
who cares what people think . when they see that you shift without lifting the gas they will change their tone of voice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts