MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't buy anything from weapon r, they are a ricer company and the quality of their products is horrible. I should know I have their short ram intake and it was not worth the 150$ that I paid for it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It's real. They sell those on their website. I've got a weapon R dragon intake, got it on ebay new for $57. I can't really pass judgement on it, since it was cheap and it's the only intake i've had on my 2, but it does help throttle response. It's pretty damn loud as well. But listen to what is said in these threads. If I joined this club before I bought the intake, I would have gone with a generic intake pipe, and buy an apexi filter.

Oh man, you guys have to check this out hahahah. talkin about ricey.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=7952915375&category=33659#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a Weapon R Dragon intake also. From what I've read it isn't as effective as the "Integra Intake" on our cars because it doesn't reach as close to the side air vent. But I prefer it over stock or the K&N cone air filter conversion (generic pipe with an adapter and cone air filter). I got all three intakes (including OEM) free with my MR2. The Weapon R can be pretty noisey. Especially decelerating from high RPMs or when the engine is under a fairly high load.
Its a cheap WAI, there isn't much not to like about that, unless you can afford better. I'd rather save my money for headers or cams for actual power gains.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jump on the wagon, headers are awesome. and i will not waste money on intake, its loud enough lol, nd i lik its growl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts