MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and have a link i can send someone to show them? I have heard it was pretty expensive for its time

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That seems too low. I've heard most people say they got theirs for ~26,000.

Plus, I don't trust that autos.msn webpage as far as I can throw it, and I can't, because its a website.

·
Registered
811 Posts
-MSRP for my 91 N/A iwas 16,398. it came with power windows t-tops and power doors. With all the options and stuff it came out to 19,233. I know because the original owner kept the window sticker. :D

Not sure if that helps, but that 19 figure probably was msrp, not counting tax and/or options.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have my Dealer window sticker for my 92 N/a. It came with every extra thing except the turbo engine and it is priced @ 22k I believe. I will check and post pics when I get home.

·
Registered
299 Posts
MR2Bliss said:
mine was 24k fully loaded turbo every option except leather.
I have exact same setup and that was my sticker price minus tax & license which brought it to about 26000. Of course each dealer has their own dealer installed options that they offered.

·
Owner Texas2s.com
1,816 Posts
Here is my sticker from 91T when I bought it in 91:

·
Registered
411 Posts
$25,700 for the window sticker on my '91 turbo purchased in Missouri.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all alot for all the responses!!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
mr2biker91 said:
Its amazing how much things have advanced. Thats almost what you could pay for an sti or evo.
Not even, the STi with no options is $32,295.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I was thinking you could get them lower, I guess it was just bc my friends was used that it was 25k. But my point was to show how much tech has changed and improvements have been made, while the mr2 does handle good I doubt i could keep up with an sti.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
There isnt a car made today in that price range that has the same build quality of an MR2... Id gladly pay that much for a brand new MR2 Turbo..

I wish i was a bit older so Id have had a chance to have one of them when it was brand new. As it is I was 11 years old when my car was sold.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ChrisFL said:
With inflation, it would probably be close to $30K today
i have no doubts in my mind that this would be the case. maybe more even ... consider that our cars (North American) in 1995 were making the same power specs as the original 1991 and a local dealer looked at me with a straight face and said they asked (and received) $38K+ for MR2 Turbos.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
mr2biker91 said:
I was thinking you could get them lower, I guess it was just bc my friends was used that it was 25k. But my point was to show how much tech has changed and improvements have been made, while the mr2 does handle good I doubt i could keep up with an sti.
MR2's can deffinately outhandle STi WRX' when suspension tuned propperly. The mr2 has a better platform, is much lighter, and has better handling characteristics than any STi. to stay on topic though, i think the fact that the MR2 has such an amazing price retention is a good indicator of how great the build quality is, and how "ahead of it's time" the car was.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts