MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know how to find any wire harness clips?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  02341360 
#1 ·
I need to find some replacement wire harness / loom holder clips. They are the type that have a heavy duty "zip tie" thing built into them. There are a few that hold the engine lid wiring to the engine bay temperature sensor (last picture). The ones pictured first are from a loom that runs up the front right firewall in the engine bay next to the intercooler. I have scoured parts diagrams and the dealer can't find them. I was hoping I could find something generic at the local auto store but no luck. Anyone have a part number?

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't find these in the parts diagram and neither can our local Toyota dealer parts guy who's really good with finding parts on these older cars. I want some of these too but ended up getting them from another MR2.

If you do find these and do connect them back to the engine lid, you'd almost want to cut the wires and add a plug so you don't have to remove them next time you take off the engine lid. One is near impossible to get off without breaking it.

Our local parts stores are rather useless at carrying items like these.

#5 ·
Yes that would work perfectly. I guess I was searching for the wrong things. Shipping won't be the best but that is a good back up option, thank you.
Most auto part stores will have a selection of clips and the like. You may have to double up with an anchor clip for the hole that has a means to attach a ziptie
Our stores are not particularly great over here. I would have hoped this was a common thing also.
I can't find these in the parts diagram and neither can our local Toyota dealer parts guy who's really good with finding parts on these older cars. I want some of these too but ended up getting them from another MR2.

If you do find these and do connect them back to the engine lid, you'd almost want to cut the wires and add a plug so you don't have to remove them next time you take off the engine lid. One is near impossible to get off without breaking it.

Our local parts stores are rather useless at carrying items like these.
Yes the one in the middle of the lid cannot be accessed from behind which is really helpful. I will let you know what I end up finding. I would have thought there would be clips like these used in every toyota before and since. Maybe I can find some on my wifes yaris which will likely have an inifinitely better parts catalogue.

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
That looks like a good option. I decided to get a 20 pack off ebay from Hong Kong, mainly because the shipping is so much cheaper than the rest of the world and everything is made in that part of the world anyway. Hopefully they work well. It will take ages to arrive but I will report back when they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.