MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my knowledge, they are rare but put out a lot more power than the Turbo if I am not mistaking. If I am wrong in this statement could you please inform me? I would love to know if any here owns one.

·
2,323 Posts
From my knowledge, they are rare but put out a lot more power than the Turbo if I am not mistaking. If I am wrong in this statement could you please inform me? I would love to know if any here owns one.
The GT is a JDM model only so if they are any in the USA they are only recent imports.
Have a little read here about the different models and basic differences. If you want to know more specific things, let me know and I can elaborate. I have quite a good knowledge base on the GT and JDM models in general.

·
2,323 Posts
Thank you so much!
All good. I put that together recently for our club as I found a lot of confusing information online that was confusing our members. It doesn't cover every single difference as I don't know them all but I'm finding more and more each time I look at a car and speaking with owners from around the world has allowed me to find more and more info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a GT. The only difference is a "nicer" interior, alcantara/leather seats and alcantara door inserts. All turbo jdm ECU's are tuned for about 25 extra hp and torque compared to their US counterparts. Think that's it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tilt and telescopic steaming column, auto climate control, steerable fog lights, premium sound radio, speed sensitive steering, pretty much every goodie offered bye Toyota at the time.

·
2,323 Posts
Tilt and telescopic steaming column, auto climate control, steerable fog lights, premium sound radio, speed sensitive steering, pretty much every goodie offered bye Toyota at the time.
Telescopic was only for the early cars. They removed it for the later models. Speed sensitive steering is a power steering thing, all SW20s with powersteering had it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Telescopic was only for the early cars. They removed it for the later models. Speed sensitive steering is a power steering thing, all SW20s with powersteering had it.
That I did not know, as always a fountain of information. My MR2 is even more of a Unicorn....Gooooood.

Thanks GDII 😁

·
2,323 Posts
This would be awesome to have for USDM cars, the climate slider control breaks if you are too rough with it.
It's interesting that a lot of markets didn't get that AC system. The NZ cars did not get it either. The JDM cars have an AC button and an ECO button as well as temperature numbers on the slider rather than just blue and red. It has a little tube and sensor under the steering wheel that draws in air to the climate control system to adjust fan speed to control the temperature. The fan dial has OFF, AUTO, I, II and III where I believe you guys and the NZ cars had OFF, I, II, III and III.

This is not a specific JDM GT thing, more just a JDM thing in general for all cars fitted with AC. I need to check with a few G owners if their cars have auto. Theses versions weren't fitted with things like AC, power steering, power folding mirrors, power windows and fog lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts