MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with this (or not)?

I want to lower my '91, but I'm concerned that springs that offer only a 1" drop won't give me the look I want (could I be wrong?). I'm going with Tokico 5-ways and am considering Eibach Sportlines (1.6" drop). For now, I'm sticking with the OEM rims, but when I switch to 17" or 18" rims, will scraping be a problem?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm thinking no, if you have a resonable offset. If you buy tires w/ a 40 sidewall you should be fine. (Not sure about the 18"s.)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's what the dude in the shop told me - the right offset should preclude any scraping.

He also tried to turn me on to the Tein S.Tech springs (instead of the Eibach Sportlines). The S.Techs drop the rear a bit lower that the front (1.7" vs. 1.5"). I'm wondering how that might look. Plus, I need to weigh the linear vs. progressive arguement. Decisions...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Why would you want the rear lower? I think the Sportlines do an awesome job. I think a lower rear end would look hideous, esp. when taking off which would add to it. It's only .2" so I'm sure it's not a huge difference.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I don't want the rear lower. I agree, that would look weak. I was just concerned about that because of the S.Tech specs, but after viewing some pics of some 2s w/S.Techs, they look pretty nice. Yeah, the .2" isn't that noticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts