MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WILL KICK SOMEONE"S REAR IF I FIND OUT.

last week-i need to get pictures up-my Camry was totaled by by a drunk, hit-and-run driver. at least i don't have to worry about my car payment now. :rolleyes:
my b/f was leaving Belton, to Harrisonville (both south of KC on 71) and was rear-ended on 71, my car spun around and the passenger sides slammed together. both cars went into the ditch, only the stupid truck drove right back out and kept going. i know just the rear end of the car is $3000 to repair, it was just replaced last November! :mad:
so, i'm looking for some import junkyards....any one know of any? i've only been in KC for almost 4 months, like i said the car was rear-ended in Sept, i don't know why i bothered having it fixed because now it's totaled. i need alot of parts, i don't mind pulling my own parts, even though it's been 10 days i'm still SO MAD. i'm hating KC, and Missouri in general...maybe NC wasn't so bad afterall.

·
Registered
463 Posts
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
Not being a smart ass but if it was a hit and run, how do you know he was in fact drunk?
He could've been holding his beer... not all cars have cup holders, ya know ;)

Ok, so hang on... it's okay to drink & drive everywhere else in KC, just as long as we stay out of the southern part? Where do the boundaries for the 'southern part' begin? (I just turned 21 so I'm still learning the rules with the drinking & driving :D j/k)

P.S. the yellow pages are your friend snafu (though this page is probably incomplete)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Rear Ended twice! Don't drive so slow. Floor it! :D

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i know he was drunk because after hitting another car, robbing some store, and then breaking into a house, and assulting a woman the cops caught the guy!

i work near stateline and 135th streets...so there on down to Harrisonville. is my normal driving areas. hey, anyone know someone who has contact with Jiffy Lube there? i've seen a red MK1 in there 2-3 times.

i DO NOT drive slow, ask all the state troopers in NC. i've got a speeding rap sheet a mile long, the cops weren't the only ones who knew my 2.....and would pull me over becuase i was planning on speeding.

i think it's my camry-how many "old" ladies drive them with messed up bumpers? it's ment to have a dented bumper, so tis a sign not to fix it anymore. so if you happen to see a Camry with the trunk duck-taped shut, stay the heck away from me!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
sorry to hear of your crappy misfortune.

Is insurance not covering it? Should be under the uninsured/underinsured part...

If they caught the guy, is there a way to get his insurance (if he had it)? Did you contact popo when it orig. happened? Police report? Lawsuit?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, all of the above. the cops were at the scene in minutes, the caught the guy, i have a copy of the police report, but his insurance isn't listed. i'm covered, got my car paid off, bought it back, and still have a little money left over-fixing the car is a low priority, the worse it looks the farther away people stay. we are pressing charges. but i'm still SO MAD. i've been so good with this car, (i got a speeding ticket on the average of every 3 months in my 2) and everyone keeps hitting it, so i'm over it, whatever, hit the car....it's too stressful fixing the car, and then having someone hit the dang thing again.
when we find out if he had insurance i'll get my $500 deductible back. my b/f missed work becuase he had whiplash, he's been to 2 doctors, and a lawyer about the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Easy lawsuit right there. Should be an open and close case. The guy was drunk so that pretty much sets it in concrete. Sue the ____ out of him and don't look back. Get him for damages, doctor bills, time out of work, pain and suffering, the works....I am sure the lawyer has filled you in with all of the details but he has no leg to stand on and you have him bent over.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the general idea. the poor kid's life is over, all those charges, and we're taking him to court. he deserves it, he was SO lucky my baby wasn't in the car when it happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts